Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Podhd Tap Tempo Light - On Or Off?

GazzaBloom

Probably longer than the Pod it's installed in.

For the record, I leave mine on. It's far less distracting than most stage lighting.

Do you know the life span of an LED? :P

Power on...power off...power on...power off....how long will it last?

Do you know the life span of an LED?  :P

Power on...power off...power on...power off....how long will it last?

LEDs themselves don't really burn out... They slowly fade away. But, for LED used in light fixtures, the useful life is now up around 100,000 hours. And by useful, that means when they're at 70% of their original output. For LED used solely as indicators, I imagine the life would be much greater than that. As far as blinking goes, LEDs actually "like" to be switched on and off. It doesn't affect their life negatively at all. It actually extends it. The electronics in the rest of the equipment are way more likely to fail before a LED dies.

I actually work in the lighting industry, and LEDs are essentially the present and future of that industry, so I have learned way more than anyone needs to know about LEDs in the last five years or so!

LEDs themselves don't really burn out... They slowly fade away. But, for LED used in light fixtures, the useful life is now up around 100,000 hours. And by useful, that means when they're at 70% of their original output. For LED used solely as indicators, I imagine the life would be much greater than that. As far as blinking goes, LEDs actually "like" to be switched on and off. It doesn't affect their life negatively at all. It actually extends it. The electronics in the rest of the equipment are way more likely to fail before a LED dies.

I actually work in the lighting industry, and LEDs are essentially the present and future of that industry, so I have learned way more than anyone needs to know about LEDs in the last five years or so!

Jeez, I was joking! You guys!