Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Utilizing the HX Stomp's Effects Loop (properly)

adagosto

Can someone check my work....

I'm trying to place a TC Electronic Plethora X3 into the effects loop of the Stomp XL. I've got it working, but I'm not sure if this is "correct".

Ok....so I have to use an Insert Cable (with Tip and Ring). That plugs into the Stomp SEND. The Tip side then goes into the Input on the X3. Then I have the X3 Output plugging into the Stomp's Return Right.

To get this to work I need to add an FX Loop L AND an FX Loop R block. With those blocks on, the X3 works great.

So my question is, do I have this set up correctly? And is that they proper way to set up my blocks? Well it has to be because it's to only way I get any sound out of it. I can say, if I replace the FX Loop L block with a SEND L block, that works too.

Any help out there?

Thank you.

No.

You're using two FX LOOPS. all you need is a single FX LOOP L Block with the X3's OUT returning to the HXS RETURN L.

IOW, you're wasting a Block and an entire FX LOOP unnecessarily.

In previous threads I've explained how you can use that other FX LOOP for 4cm, which you once desired to do.

I sometimes use FX SEND L and FX RETURN R for 4cm to reduce noise from an amp's FX Loop, but there's no reason to do that with a simple pedal.

Unless, of course, that pedal has a noisy FX LOOP, but most don't.

• Upvote 1