Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

hx effects: preset management question

rudomat

question: can i achieve this?

i'd like to recall preset#1 in preset mode, then change to pedal mode for the six switch option.

there i'd like to program via command center that switch#1 recalls snapshot#1 with green colour led and the name "clean" and sends midi pc and cc data to external units....

switch#2 should always recall snapshot#2 (preset#1) in yellow colour sayin "clean+", plus midi data...

switch#3 to recall snapshot#3 in light orange "crunch"...

switch#4...orange "crunch+"...

...now switch#5 needs to switch to preset#2 and snapshot#1, since i only have 4 snapshots, saying "lead" in purple...

and switch #6 to preset#2/snapshot#2, etc...

is that possible...?

can i tell switch#1 to recall preset#1/snapshot#3, and the switch#2 to recall preset#2/snapshot#1...or so...?

thanks a lot!

It's either a preset change, or a snapshot. You can't change preset and snapshot within a preset, as it doesn't make sense, since the snapshot is a "photo" of a specific setup which is happening within the same preset where such snapshot is being used, while a preset change command is jumping into a different preset.

You can assign a command to a switch to act as a preset call, then you'd need the same switch in that other preset to go back to the previous one. You can also just assign a "next preset" function to a switch, and "previous preset" to the other, so you can virtually move back and forth between a group of 2 or more contiguous presets.

Midi data; depends what you need to do. If it's a command that you need to send in any moment, you need a footswitch*command right there, if it's an instant command (midi command at preset load), you don't need to use any switch. Again, it's all in the manual. :)

As I said multiple times, you can do all gain changes you need, within a SINGLE preset (or two), just using snapshots without jumping back and forth between multiple presets. That's especially valid for things like amp setup and FX changes for different song parts.

You seems a bit confused about basic features, so I'd just read the manual and doing my own tests to understand basic principles. ;)

On 10/3/2022 at 11:37 AM, PierM said:

It's either a preset change, or a snapshot. You can't change preset and snapshot within a preset, as it doesn't make sense, since the snapshot is a "photo" of a specific setup which is happening within the same preset where such snapshot is being used, while a preset change command is jumping into a different preset.

You can assign a command to a switch to act as a preset call, then you'd need the same switch in that other preset to go back to the previous one. You can also just assign a "next preset" function to a switch, and "previous preset" to the other, so you can virtually move back and forth between a group of 2 or more contiguous presets.

Midi data; depends what you need to do. If it's a command that you need to send in any moment, you need a footswitch*command right there, if it's an instant command (midi command at preset load), you don't need to use any switch. Again, it's all in the manual. :)

As I said multiple times, you can do all gain changes you need, within a SINGLE preset (or two), just using snapshots without jumping back and forth between multiple presets. That's especially valid for things like amp setup and FX changes for different song parts.

You seems a bit confused about basic features, so I'd just read the manual and doing my own tests to understand basic principles. ;)

i'm not really confused...don't know why you say such things...and it's also not right, that this is everything in the manual...the only thing is, i wanted to have six different snapshots on one preset, but there are only four...so i wanted to know whether i could achieve it to assign a switch to another preset and also assign special snapshots of this preset....don't know why this should be a strange wish...and for me that makes sense...

what really doesn't make sense is that line6 gives us the possibility in pedal mode through command center to assign all six switches to snapshots, but the unit can only do 4...it would definitey make sense to have 6 snapshots here...

• Upvote 1

Sorry if I missed it but what unit are you using?  The Helix Floor, XL, Stomp, Stomp XL?

When you say it only has 4 snapshots, it sounds like you have it set to show 4 presets and 4 snapshots... or something like that, because if you have the floor or the xl, then you do have 8 snapshots..... and, sorry if I misread something.....but check your settings.

On 10/3/2022 at 6:17 PM, rudomat said:

..switch#5 needs to switch to preset#2 and snapshot#

..and for me that makes sense...

You cant's stack a snapshot with a preset change on a same footswitch action. It's either a snapshot, or a preset change switch. One does change params within the same preset, the other does call a different preset.

If you meant change preset in stomp mode, via Preset command, and then change snapshot in snaphot mode, then of course you can (different actions, per different FS mode), but you'd need to tap dance, and press the two Bank U/D simultaneosuly to switch to ->Snapshot mode, and then press Mode to go back to ->Stomp mode again.

Doesnt really look efficient (especially if you keep the HX FX on the floor), but you could, if that's what you meant.

That's why I suggested you, in the other thread, the option to use an external controller for snapshots only, and set the HX FX in stomp mode for commands and stomp bypass.

Just trying to understand. ;)

On 10/3/2022 at 6:17 PM, rudomat said:

what really doesn't make sense is that line6 gives us the possibility in pedal mode through command center to assign all six switches to snapshots, but the unit can only do 4...it would definitey make sense to have 6 snapshots here...

It's the same (total assignable switches, minus 2), for all Helix and HX device that have the two left side FS available for BANK/PRESET browsing. We can only assume is just a limitation due the multiple functions of those left side FS.

Helix Floor, LT and Control has 10 assignable FS, Max 8 snapshot

HX Stomp XL has 6 assignable FS, Max 4 snapshot

HX FX has 6, Max 4 snapshot

Pod Go has 6, Max 4 snapshot

You can place your snapshot in any of those 6 FS tho. But you can only use 4 Max.