Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PodGO settings with Powercab 112+

jaysont24

For the life of me I cannot find the proper settings for the PODGO in combination with the PCAB 112+. What is the correct way to disable the cab in PODGO preset in order to use the PCAB's speaker emulators? If this has been discussed already please send me a link. Do you use Amp out into the PCAB or main out (mono)? Where does CAB go in signal chain in Podgo? Am I able to keep the cab active so I can take the PODGO home and plug it directly into my DAW, or do I have to toggle it back on when I don't have my powercab? 

Different ways; simplest is simply disabling the cab block in all of your patches.

Do you use Amp out into the PCAB or main out (mono)?

Yes.  In the global settings, you can set in  "ins/outs", "amp out source" "pre cab/ir" to disable everything before the cab block, but you'll lose any effects blocks after cab, but if this is set to "main out", ti's the same as main out.

Where does CAB go in signal chain in Podgo?

Off; if you're using external cab emulation and you don't need podgo cab emulation.

Typically;   OD/compression pedal -> amp -> cab -> modulation/reverb/delay.  It does make a difference where the cab is in sound, so if you decide to go always last, it is a compromise in terms of flexibility. (not that it'll sound 'worse', but it has an effect on tone, so just different, ppl typical are more used to this config, although Go allows anything)

Am I able to keep the cab active so I can take the PODGO home and plug it directly into my DAW, or do I have to toggle it back on when I don't have my powercab? 

Yep..  Unless you setup the cab to be the last effect of your chain in all of your patches and use the "pre cab/IR" settings in the ins/outs, you'd have to manually turn the cab block on/off depending. 

With the setting on, you'd just have to plug the cab with amp out when you want no cab.  But, you need cab to be your last effect since you`ll lose all effects after cab.