Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Issue with MIDI and Helix/HX Effects

nbiglin

My Helix is my main MIDI controller and my HX Effects is on MIDI channel 1. I'm trying to get the Helix and the HX Effect's snapshots to coordinate. I can set the CC 69 messages to change the HX Effect's snapshots on the Helix's stomp switches that works fine. But if I try to set them to the Instant slots (so they send with the snapshot change), the HX Effects seems to ignore the CC messages. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

On 10/7/2022 at 5:44 PM, nbiglin said:

My Helix is my main MIDI controller and my HX Effects is on MIDI channel 1. I'm trying to get the Helix and the HX Effect's snapshots to coordinate. I can set the CC 69 messages to change the HX Effect's snapshots on the Helix's stomp switches that works fine. But if I try to set them to the Instant slots (so they send with the snapshot change), the HX Effects seems to ignore the CC messages. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Try adding a "WAIT TIME".  Added in v3.10

Instant Command Wait Time

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, HX Effects, HX Stomp, HX Stomp XL

On the Command Center page, Instant commands (lightning bolt icon) have a new "Wait Time" parameter, letting you delay certain events by up to 1000ms. This is to help Helix/HX control older MIDI gear that may behave incorrectly when receiving multiple commands very close together. Unless you specifically need to delay a message, leave this set to "0 ms."