Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hx stomp xl ground issue

redkurn

So I just got this xl and I’ve noticed with the noise gate off I get a horrible buzzing (60 cycle hum) and regardless if connected to my pc it’s there.

When I unplug my powered monitors the buzzing actually gets worse, everything shares the same power strip.

does anyone know of a grounded wallwart that is compatible or anything that can be plugged into the existing?

i’d rather not have to open it up and play surgery with the original.

I have fought with all sorts of noise from my pod go and helix, not their fault of course.  The obvious solution for a ground loop is a ground lift, which most DI boxes have.  Unplug EVERYTHING from your outlet, and keep in mind there may also be other outlets on the same circuit.  Start with plugging in just your HX device and use headphones.  See if that solves it.  Then plug in whatever you are using to monitor and try again.  Keep going until you get the noise.  Then try the ground lift.  Ideally that will solve your issue.  You can also skip the DI box and get a hum eliminator.

I finally tracked my issue down to an LED light strip plugged in in a separate room.  That was after buying a DI box, hum eliminator, fancy usb cables, power conditioner, and even a portable power station.  LED lights is all it was....

I found the issue in the rotary switch of the primary guitar I was using, haven't tried the other guitar that had some buzzing, but the guitar I was playing last night was perfectly fine.

I think it is down to the rotary switch, PRS made it way back in 1994, told me the wiring and got the info backwards to where hot and ground were flipped.

There is some hiss in the background now, I've had it down to just headphones and guitar(s), input noise gate kills that.

Never got a notice of reply.