Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native won't run failed to connect.....blah blah blah

coachz

Can anyone help me use my Helix Native.  It won't open.  I have the license manage saying Authorized Yes to my computer and I'm logged in in the plugin.  I also tried to submit a ticket but there is no HELIX NATIVE in the list.  Deauthorizing and Reauthorize my computer didn't help either. grrrrrrrrrr

capture_2022-10-22_15-36-25.png

Still no good.....uninstalled, deleted dirs, rebooted, reinstalled, same error. License manager says I'm authorized and I can login in the helix native plugin.

DELETED

Below are the files you will need to delete in order to get your Native back up and running. 

-- not installed, ignore this one
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\Line 6\Helix Native.aaxplugin 

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Line 6\Helix Native.vst3 Resources 

This folder contains all the stuff that makes Helix Native work . 

You"ll see a data and res folder; just delete the Helix Native folder for a clean slate.

C:\ProgramData\Line 6\Helix Native

*Note: the ProgramData folder is hidden by default. To access this folder via the Windows Explorer, set your folder options to show hidden files and folders. 

User Data This folder contains the user data for Helix Native. 

This includes the Preset and Impulse Response libraries, local license file (Purchases.dat), user preferences (Helix Native.prefs), and various logs. Please delete these files and run a reinstallation of Helix Native 3.XX. 

C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Line 6

I got it fixed after deauthorizing at Line6.  Oddly they have 3 entries for my 1 computer and after ReAuthorizing they show 2 computers.  Hopefully we can get it fixed next week.  They also show windows 8 and 10 for my entries when I'm on a fresh 11 install.  Native 3.15

On 10/22/2022 at 5:02 PM, coachz said:

Oddly they have 3 entries for my 1 computer and after ReAuthorizing they show 2 computers.  Hopefully we can get it fixed next week.  They also show windows 8 and 10 for my entries when I'm on a fresh 11 install.  Native 3.15

Just an FYI... if you went from Windows 10 to Windows 11, software will "sometimes" see that as a new computer and need to re-authorize - thereby consuming another license. The same could apply to a hardware update within a computer. Every company uses a different strategy for identifying a system.