Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Are there any new updates for the Helix coming up or is it basically in maintenance mode now?

leonardoborges

Selfishly asking. I have the Helix LT and Helix Native. Absolutely love them both - the Native in particular is a game changer for recording. 

The one thing I miss - an amp model of the JP2C. I can get close with the Mark IV + some EQ but it's not quite the same. 

Does anybody know if that model is in the works ? And while we're at it, should we expect new updates? It's been a while since the last one but I'm not sure what the support model for the Helix is.

• Confused 1

In the very near future we're expecting v3.2. There is no rational reason not to expect another couple of years of improvements, as they have stated unequivocally that the next generation of HW is not imminent.

If you'd like to stay abreast of this, sign up at The Gear Page and keep track of the major threads re Helix in the Digital and Modeling Forum.

Real people from Line6 hang out there.

They DO NOT hang out here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 10/23/2022 at 11:58 PM, leonardoborges said:

And while we're at it, should we expect new updates?

Huh? Updates? Wha..?

Nah! Can’t see that happening anytime soon!

Oh! Soooooooon!

Were have you been?

Go here and read through all 465 pages of discussion about firmware v3.2

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/helix-3-2.2223358/page-461#post-35716500

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Ye gods, I dispair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't need any more features... fixing a few important (to me) bugs would be nice.  Until then, I'm happy on version 3.11... I downgraded from 3.15. 

They're probably working on that quad-core Helix X lol :)  maybe they'll have normal foot switches, the ones that last more than 2 years...

Since none of the horrible bugs others have reported have affected me in any way whatsoever, I can happily say that I am totally SOOO looking forward to all of the sonic improvements they've been hinting at and any new amps/FX they include will I'M SURE be REALLY COOL!

I am, like REALLY REALLY EXCITED! I can HARDLY WAIT!

HURRY HURRY HURRY!!!

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) 

On 10/23/2022 at 5:58 PM, leonardoborges said:

The one thing I miss - an amp model of the JP2C. I can get close with the Mark IV + some EQ but it's not quite the same. 

Does anybody know if that model is in the works ?

Nobody here will know... L6 has a place to put feature requests, that's your best bet. 

https://line6.ideascale.com/

On 10/23/2022 at 5:58 PM, leonardoborges said:

And while we're at it, should we expect new updates?

Yes... something big is on it's way in regards to an update. As always... it will get some people excited, it will disappoint others, and within a week of it's release someone will ask where the next update is. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/24/2022 at 6:08 AM, codamedia said:

As always... it will get some people excited, it will disappoint others, and within a week of it's release someone will ask where the next update is. 

This may be the wisest thing I've ever read on a forum.

On 10/24/2022 at 12:08 PM, codamedia said:

and within a week of it's release someone will ask where the next update is.

Nope, not even a week - the Helix firmware 3.5 thread is up and running over on TGP.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/helix-3-5.2405388/page-3#post-35733811

:-)

• Haha 2

On 10/24/2022 at 7:29 PM, brue58ski said:

The funny part is the 3.2 thread was started in Jan 2021. It's actually pretty impressive considering the lack of what it's subject is since then.

Those guys at TGP have way to much free time in their hands...lol

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2022 at 2:04 AM, PierM said:

Those guys at TGP have way to much free time in their hands...lol

Yeah. Unfortunately, I do check it out fairly frequently to see if there are any informational bread crumbs from Digital igloo. What's wrong with me? they did crack me up today.

• Haha 2

On 10/25/2022 at 1:48 PM, brue58ski said:

Yeah. Unfortunately, I do check it out fairly frequently to see if there are any informational bread crumbs from Digital igloo. What's wrong with me? they did crack me up today.

Yeah I do also lurk from time to time hunting for DI posts, but ran away when they started mumbling about sliders and knobs...geeeeez

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2022 at 5:33 PM, brue58ski said:

One other funny thing.. The 3.1 update was in April 2021 so the Gear Page Forum, 3.2 thread was started before the 3.1 update dropped. It was all of the memes that were making me laugh.

They are always ahead of the game over there on TGP.

lIRC, someone mentioned starting a Helix firmware v.4.0 thread. It’s just the way they roll.

Some of it is funny, and lots of it is irritating nonsense.

• Like 1