Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Funk presets for Helix Floor

fruijter7777

Hi there!  Is there somewhere under the rainbow a place where I can find nice Funk Presets for my Helix Floor?

I really tried it my self but cannot find the sound and action that I am looking for.  

Actually I did found the sound but then it was on the Amplitube 3.0  software application.  A bit embarrassing, indeed!

Hope you know where I can grab and find my most wanted funky guitar sound...

Regards, Frederik

On 10/24/2022 at 8:35 AM, fruijter7777 said:

Hi there!  Is there somewhere under the rainbow a place where I can find nice Funk Presets for my Helix Floor?

Hi,

I usually find that the sounds I am looking for are not in some fabled fantasyland, but they are actually right there in the Helix. You just need to bring them out.

Funk is a wide ranging term, do you mean “funk” or “funky”? Some sort of reference point would be a big help. Oh yeah, obviously this stuff isn’t really going work if you’re using a seven string shred machine into a Diesel amp. You will need the correct tools to do the job.

Here’s a nice example.

Here’s another, coming at it from a different angle.

Oh, and more here.

Yet more.

These guys have some for sale too.

Plus an old thread from 2016.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

"Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)"

Edited by datacommando
Added video link
  • Upvote 1

On 10/24/2022 at 9:35 AM, fruijter7777 said:

cannot find the sound and action that I am looking for

It really depends on what "real life" sound you're looking for. You can play some heavy funk on a jazz guitar via a Fender amp, while some other best funk lines were recorded on a Strat straight into a studio mixer.

• Like 1

First off: What kinda funk? There's all kinda things from oldschool (think James Brown) over 70s clean (think Nile Rodgers), over 80s clean (think, say, Prince) to pretty dirty sounding stuff (think, say, some Lenny Kravitz tunes). And then there's anything inbetween.

For some typical clean funk stuff that doesn't require much efforts, just start with the Princess (look out for a cab sounding a bit thicker than the default one) and use the neck pickup of whatever guitar. Adjust the tonestack to suit the context. Mission accomplished.

• 2 months later...