Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Disabling foot switches in Snapshot mode?

boynigel

Sometimes when in Snapshot mode I’ll accidently fat-foot the leftmost FS1 or FS6 buttons when intending to hit either of their neighboring foot switches.  Of course this is disastrous while performing as it takes me to a completely different preset.

I could have sworn seeing in the manual, at some point, a setting preference that allows one to disable the FS1/FS6 foot switches to avoid this from happening.  Either I dreamt this up, or I’m the worst manual navigator because after two passes through the manual, I’ve been unable to find instruction to do this type of thing.

Are the FS1/FS6 defeatable in snapshot mode?  

I had the same issue, and it was exacerbated using toppers. However I still need up and down, and found leaving toppers on everything but 1 and 7 stopped me being so clumsy, and made patch changes more deliberate.

• Upvote 1

I use a preset-per-song approach.  Throughout the gig I go through 24 presets, as I play exactly 24 songs.  I order my songs in the order of the set list. 

I use snapshots.  Every single preset has a  "stomp" view that has all of the snapshots in the same place, except there are no up/down buttons.

Most of the presets do not use every single snapshot button -- there are about 2-3 different sounds in each song.... sometimes only 1 sound throughout.  If I have 2 sounds: rhythm and lead in my preset, then I will have 7 "rhythm" snapshots and one "lead" snapshot in position #4.   I avoid the buttons that are closest to the up/down buttons unless I ABSOLUTELY have to use 7 or 8 sounds in my preset.  Normally these buttons activate my basic rhythm sounds, and are simply redundant.  I play shows with a lot of stage movement, jumping, etc, and I don't have time to carefully select where I press, so the more redundancy, the better! 

Every once in a while, I need to use all 8 snapshot buttons (in only 2 presets).  For those cases live, I press the "mode" button to disable the up/down buttons.  That way I don't need to worry about accidentally switching my presets.  Also, I don't need to worry about accidentally pressing the "mode" button and going into a blank pedal board view -- both views are exactly the same.  So even if I accidentally press "Mode", I'm still in the same exact view (minus the up/down buttons). 

BTW, in addition to everything mentioned, placing 2 Grolsch beer bottle washers on specific buttons makes them harder to press (accidentally). 

On 10/26/2022 at 11:03 AM, theElevators said:

BTW, in addition to everything mentioned, placing 2 Grolsch beer bottle washers on specific buttons makes them harder to press (accidentally). 

the only thing about this method that gives me pause is that if the washers touch the light rings on the footswitches, when i push down on the switch the washer is getting pushed into the light ring.  how long before the light ring incurs damage?  just a thought.  BTW- disregard if this comment double-posts.  originally replied while signed out.

On 10/26/2022 at 2:43 PM, boynigel said:

the only thing about this method that gives me pause is that if the washers touch the light rings on the footswitches, when i push down on the switch the washer is getting pushed into the light ring.  how long before the light ring incurs damage?  just a thought.  BTW- disregard if this comment double-posts.  originally replied while signed out.

ummm.  the washers do not actually touch or put force on the ring... the button + the metal shaft.  rather on the metal parts... it just makes it slightly more difficult to engage the button... Works for me. 

On 10/26/2022 at 3:40 PM, theElevators said:

ummm.  the washers do not actually touch or put force on the ring... the button + the metal shaft.  rather on the metal parts... it just makes it slightly more difficult to engage the button... Works for me. 

looked like they were making contact w/the rings in the video.  my bad.