Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Split path to send IR to XLR

leonardoborges

Hi there,

I'm configuring a number of presets so that the main signal comes out of the helix 1/4" output but then I have an IR going out to an XLR. The preset below shows one of these:

1581923023_ScreenShot2022-10-27at9_19_23am.thumb.png.368ba305f18d722e71261878b4c7df9e.png

So very simple in this case.

However, I have another patch where I have a poly shift and an Amp blend. Because the Poly takes so much DSP, I had to put the amp blend on the bottom path. But because of that, it doesn't seem I can then have the IR be sent to XLR as it seems we can only have on mixer and not have the path go back in and out again: 

651774035_ScreenShot2022-10-27at9_29_35am.thumb.png.d27babc5824ce6f631e3b3f5b08e606f.png

So it seems that I have to choose in this case. Or I could put a "Send 1" block before the IR and have that go to the power amp. However if I do that, I would have to change every preset I have to work that way, which would be less than ideal.

Is there a different way of routing this preset that would accomplish what I'm trying to do?

With all of the amp choices in Helix, you can't find an amp which, maybe with a bit of EQ, comes close enough to the "amp blend" to make it work?

If not, you're either getting an external IR loader of changing a lot of presets to accommodate a few.

Or you could use send block(s) for 1/4 inch output with 100% pass-through to the IR and make out XLR only. If you use this consistently across patches you just need ot remember what to plug your power amp to.

• Upvote 3