Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Backup failed with code -8212

ingen63

I am on firmware 3.15 and cant update to 3.5 due to a failing update, Errorr -8212. I already tried the follwing things

Exported all setlist

Have overwritten all  presets with empty presets in HX Edit

Factory reset with button 10&11

Factory reset with button 9&10

Factory reset with button 5&12

but creating a backup still fails either at 17% or 100% during user model defaults

I even tried to restored a backup from Dec 2020 created with v3.0, which worked, but creating a a backup afterwards again failed.

any idea, what to do next?

On 11/3/2022 at 4:23 PM, ingen63 said:

I am on firmware 3.15 and cant update to 3.5 due to a failing update, Errorr -8212. I already tried the follwing things

Exported all setlist

Have overwritten all  presets with empty presets in HX Edit

Factory reset with button 10&11

Factory reset with button 9&10

Factory reset with button 5&12

but creating a backup still fails either at 17% or 100% during user model defaults

I even tried to restored a backup from Dec 2020 created with v3.0, which worked, but creating a a backup afterwards again failed.

any idea, what to do next?

Download and install HX Edit 3.50. You can try the update from the editor (update link in bottom right). If that's not working, proceed to next paragraph.

Download and install the Line6 Updater.  Make sure HX Edit is not running, e.g. if in Windows, check the Task Manager. Run the Updater and update your device. If that doesn't do it, download the firmware file and try the Updater again using the local firmware file.  

Whichever method ends up working for you, make sure to do the factory reset and reload your presets per the release notes when you are done.

• Upvote 1