Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix/HX Update Doesn't Work? Look Here!

SaschaFranck

After posting the same advice over and over and over throughout the last years (and for several times just during the last hours), I decided to post this here, so I can just link to it (it's also missing in any official Line 6 documentation, at least in a direct, straight ahead form).

So, your update to whatever firmware failed? The following steps helped TONS of people over the last years, so give them a try.

Note: I am assuming that you've backed up your HX family device already. In case you haven't, now is the time. But as your update possibly failed already, you won't be able to do so, then just proceed (and let's hope you've backed up before).

1) Shut down HX Edit (using it was likely the reason for the update not to work in the first place, so don't use it this time). Windows users *need* (<-!!!) to make sure no traces of it are running in the background anymore. You can either kill the process by using the task manager, in case you don't know how to do that, just reboot your computer. Again: It is ABSOLUTELY mandatory for the following steps to work that there's NO HX Edit or traces of it running.

2) Go to this site:

https://line6.com/software/

Download the Line 6 Updater this way:

Updater.jpg.db5511d848cb73ac04a8a7943e3d9d72.jpg

That will take you to the site with the actual download (I'm not posting that link because there's various operating systems supported).

3) Install the Line 6 Updater.

Edit: Mac users, in case you're running into troubles installing things, please read the bottom of this post.

4) Go to this page again:

This time, download the actual firmware this way:

1296830092_FWselect-1.jpg.0277d1282cf934b8f5ceb4c0b7f01b48.jpg

Make ABSOLUTELY sure you select your hardware properly!

Again, clicking "Go" will take you to the actual download page.

Note: The file you will be downloading comes with a "hxf" file ending, make sure to remember the location you've downloaded that file to, you will need to know soon enough!

5) Connect your HX familiy device.

Edit:

6) This*might* not be necessary, also, in case your unit really seems bricked, it might not work, but just to make sure, enter safe-boot (aka update mode). Here's how (copied from elsewhere on this site):

- Helix Floor/LT: enter update mode manually by holding footswitches 6 + 12

- Helix Rack: ENC1 & ENC6 - will enter Update Mode (This feature is only available on firmware v1.06.5 and higher)

- HX Effects: Holding the right arrow ">" Will put the unit in a fail safe update mode. Use this when the HX Effects is in a un-recoverable state

- HX Stomp and Stomp XL: Page >: update mode. This update mode is helpful if the update is interrupted, and the HX Stomp will not boot properly. (this will apparently cause a blank screen)

7) Start the Line 6 Updater you've just installed (well, maybe you've installed it already in the past, just start it...).

8) DON'T sign in, chose "Offline Mode" (<-!!!).

364810296_OfflineMode.jpg.4cc710e655810a47b5437f11b6988e14.jpg

9) On the following page, your device(s) should appear. If that's not happening, check whether they're properly connected to a dedicated USB port and not to some fancy HUB. Also check that the USB cable you're using is of decent quality. In case you've checked all that but your device still doesn't show up, quit reading this thread and look for another computer to try with, the following procedure obviously only works as long as your devices are detected by your computer (yeah, I know this sounds like "computing 101 nanny" stuff, but be it so...).

10) Select your device, just click on it.

11) In the following dialog, click here:

261561992_ChooseFW.jpg.9a70d62391c23d6b3606c8c405be1241.jpg

In the following open dialog, navigate to the file you've downloaded in step (4). Make ABSOLUTELY sure it's indeed the file you've downloaded and not some earlier version or something for another device.

12) Click "Update". This might take a while, as can be read here:

Wohoo!

Once done, make sure you've got the latest version of HX Edit installed. In case you haven't, grab it from here again:

111002697_GetHXEdit.jpg.2734df2a4a102b670cf1c35af3648bbc.jpg

Following page will take you to the actual download. Download and install.

13) Perform a factory reset before booting into HX Edit. Might not be required all the time but Line 6 recommends doing so. In case you didn't manage to do a backup before the trouble started, you might however want to do that now and then perform a factory reset.

Here's the procedures for the various HX family products:

• Helix Floor/LT: While holding footswitches 9 & 10 (bottom row, 2 middle switches), turn on Helix Floor/LT
  • Helix Rack: While holding knobs 5 & 6 (2 furthest right knobs below the screen), turn on Helix Rack
  • HX Effects: While holding footswitches 6 & TAP (2 farthest right switches on the bottom row), turn on HX Effects
  • HX Stomp: While holding footswitches 2 & 3, turn on HX Stomp
  • HX Stomp XL: While holding footswitches C & D, turn on HX Stomp

That should be it.

Yeah, as said, computer nanny kinda stuff, but then, this really isn't explained too well officially (the official procedure is online updating via HX Edit, which seems to fail often enough to justify writing my little installment).

Good luck!

Edit: Quite obviously, in case everything worked, you might want to reload your backup onto your device, using HX Edit.

Edit #2

To all Mac users running a macOS version from Catalina and onwards: Apple has added several security measures, starting with Catalina.

In case an application (in this case most likely the Line 6 Updater, which I think hasn't seen an update to itself for a while, whereas HX Edit should usually just install fine) comes up with whatever error message when doubleclicking the installer, as a first step, try to do a rightclick and select "open". You will likely see a warning but it'll often allow you to click onto something saying "yes, open anyway".

In case that doesn't work, it might take you to the security settings straight away. But apparently, sometimes it doesn't. As I'm still running Mojave at the time of writing this, I can't tell you the exact procedure, so here's some information:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

Thanks to @datacommandofor pointing me to those.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

On 11/4/2022 at 10:05 AM, SaschaFranck said:

After posting the same advice over and over and over throughout the last years (and for several times just during the last hours),

Excellent idea Sascha - the thing is most of these people have failed updates because they do not follow the instructions, no matter how precise they are.

Good luck with this attempt to avoid constant re-posts, although probably most will miss it. We are back to the usual multiple threads all saying the same thing - “update bricked my Helix”

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

NOTE: 

1) Shut down HX Native 

Should be

1) Shut down HX Edit

Whoops!

Edited by datacommando
Note
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 11/4/2022 at 11:27 AM, datacommando said:

although probably most will miss it

Defenitely. But I just wanted to have an easy to find (bookmarked) place with all required information typed down, so I never need to type it again.

Fwiw, there's some bit missing that I couldn't say anything about. As I'm still on my old 5,1 Mac Pro (most excellent machine) I'm stuck with an older macOS for the time being. Newer versions have added notarization, requiring some extra steps to install software not notarized. That seems to be required for the Line 6 Updater. In earlier versions of maxOS a rightclick-open action was sufficient, alternatively it might take you to the according system settings, no idea what and how much has changed ever since Mojave. In case anyone knows what steps to take in order to install the Line 6 Updater on the latest incarnations of macOS, feel free to post them here (I would then update the OP as well).

Thanks for the link but indeed I followed all of the instructions and there was no mention of having to shut off my Helix LT and restart HX Edit and it also mentioned and shows a screen that was supposed to show up on my Helix LT screen showing "Boot Failure entered update mode" which never appeared. This occurred AFTER I shut off the Helix LT and shut off and restarted HX Edit. I then got the message part 2 of the firmware update had begun and ten minutes later the message "Boot Failure entered update mode". So in my case I needed to shut off the Helix as per instructions in HX Edit which was not mentioned in the firmware update instructions for 3.50. This is either an oversight in the instructions or a problem only I had. Perhaps it may help someone.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 6:12 AM, markusb111 said:

I followed all of the instructions and there was no mention of having to shut off my Helix LT and restart HX Edit and it also mentioned and shows a screen that was supposed to show up on my Helix LT screen showing "Boot Failure entered update mode" which never appeared.

This thread is not the update instructions.... it's an attempt to help you when your update goes astray.

On 11/4/2022 at 6:12 AM, markusb111 said:

This is either an oversight in the instructions or a problem only I had.

For every problem post on this forum there are countless others that successfully update.... the instructions are fine, FOR MOST users!

On 11/4/2022 at 10:43 AM, SaschaFranck said:

Defenitely. But I just wanted to have an easy to find (bookmarked) place with all required information typed down, so I never need to type it again.

Fwiw, there's some bit missing that I couldn't say anything about. As I'm still on my old 5,1 Mac Pro (most excellent machine) I'm stuck with an older macOS for the time being. Newer versions have added notarization, requiring some extra steps to install software not notarized. That seems to be required for the Line 6 Updater. In earlier versions of maxOS a rightclick-open action was sufficient, alternatively it might take you to the according system settings, no idea what and how much has changed ever since Mojave. In case anyone knows what steps to take in order to install the Line 6 Updater on the latest incarnations of macOS, feel free to post them here (I would then update the OP as well).

Ah, yes - the overzealous Gatekeeper on the Mac. 

I have done a “walkthrough” explanation of how to deal with this, on a couple of previous occasions in these threads. I must see if I can resurrect it, although IIRC, there is an fully detailed page over on the Apple website on how to deal with that particular situation, as it is an OS thing rather than what you are trying to install.

NOTE:

It appears that I have been a little over enthusiastic with my “upvote” reaction on comments today - I have the “Sorry, you cannot add anymore reactions today”. I wonder which genius thought of that one, it’s on days like these that you really need to let people know how you feel!

On 11/4/2022 at 12:54 PM, datacommando said:

although IIRC, there is an fully detailed page over on the Apple website on how to deal with that particular situation, as it is an OS thing rather than what you are trying to install.

Sure, but i think it'd be a cool idea to add this information to the startup post, so people wouldn't have to search Apple's site first - and instantly forget what they were doing to their Helixes, hrrrhrrr...

On 11/4/2022 at 12:24 PM, SaschaFranck said:

Sure, but i think it'd be a cool idea to add this information to the startup post, so people wouldn't have to search Apple's site first - and instantly forget what they were doing to their Helixes, hrrrhrrr...

I did a little digging and found this post from a while back (2019). If your rescue instructions ever get pinned this is a breadcrumb back to the Apple Security issue.

Also another with a link to the Apple Support Information.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Like 1

• SaschaFranck changed the title to Helix/HX Update Doesn't Work? Look Here!

Thanks Sascha. I had the same issue and I tried this one but it didnt work. I wrote to the Support and got a really quick and great advice that worked. I post their answer I got that solved the problem for me:

Hi,
please repeat the procedure :

please make sure to install HX Edit v3.50 and Line6 Updater v1.27 :

L6 Updater v1.27 macOS
https://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=11557

HX Edit v3.50 macOS
https://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=11599

please try this :
1. Disconnect the USB cable connecting the Helix/HX device to the computer.

2. Boot the unit into "Update Mode"
-switch off Helix
-press and hold footswitch FS6+FS12 (the two upper/lower to the right, left of the expression pedal)

3. Reconnect the Helix/HX Device to the computer, preferably trying a different port than before.

4. Launch Line 6 Updater(make sure HX Edit is not opened/running)
Don't use HX Edit for updating when it failed because it doesn't support the update mode

5. If the unit connects, attempt to reinstall the firmware.

6. If the unit does not connect, close Line 6 Updater, connect to a different USB port on the computer, preferably with a different USB cable as well, and relaunch Line 6 Updater.

7. If the unit then connects, reinstall the firmware.

8. If the unit does still not connect, please try a different computer.

Best regards
Christoph Dégardin
Technical Support
Line 6/Ampeg Support Europe

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

First off thanks a lot for this great and helpful thread!

I just receiced my Helix LT today and immediately screwed it up during the firmware update, carried out by HX Edit (most recent version!). Most likely the reason for the failure was my computer entering 'energy saving mode" while the update was still running.

Anyway, following the steps to fix the issue I struggled at step 4: "download the actual firmware",  I got the error shown in the screenshot below.
The message basically says: "XML execution error: malformed address".
long story short: the issue only occurs with Firefox, while I could execute the download w/o errors with the Chrome browser (later - on another computer).

grafik.png.0ea29bd7ddf788bf12523c69afe50025.png

Luckily I was able to run the "Line 6 Updater" using the sign-in option (disregarding step 8 of the description) and the updater did a perfect job.

Maybe this information is useful for people experiencing the same issue when trying to download the firmware.

Kind regards

Guenther

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 10:50 PM, Blumi_guitar said:

Maybe this information is useful for people experiencing the same issue when trying to download the firmware.

Yeah, I think I've read about that error elsewhere already.

Sidenote: Gotta love the "nicht wohlgeformt" in the first line. For the non german speakers, translates to something kinda "not well shaped" (usually related to whatever physical body shapes).

On 11/4/2022 at 6:05 AM, SaschaFranck said:

After posting the same advice over and over and over throughout the last years (and for several times just during the last hours), I decided to post this here, so I can just link to it (it's also missing in any official Line 6 documentation, at least in a direct, straight ahead form).

So, your update to whatever firmware failed? The following steps helped TONS of people over the last years, so give them a try.

Note: I am assuming that you've backed up your HX family device already. In case you haven't, now is the time. But as your update possibly failed already, you won't be able to do so, then just proceed (and let's hope you've backed up before).

1) Shut down HX Native (using it was likely the reason for the update not to work in the first place, so don't use it this time). Windows users *need* (<-!!!) to make sure no traces of it are running in the background anymore. You can either kill the process by using the task manager, in case you don't know how to do that, just reboot your computer. Again: It is ABSOLUTELY mandatory for the following steps to work that there's NO HX Edit or traces of it running. ...

This is without a doubt one of the most useful posts ever on the forum so believe me I am not nitpicking here. Under your first step "1)", thought you might want to correct the following text "1) Shut down HX Native" from "HX Native" to "HX Edit". Or I suppose you could mention not having either running. I don't think Native interferes with an upgrade but not a terrible idea to shut any running Native instances down. Anyway, thought you might have intended to put "HX Edit" there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/3/2022 at 6:46 AM, HonestOpinion said:

Under your first step "1)", thought you might want to correct the following text "1) Shut down HX Native" from "HX Native" to "HX Edit".

Thanks! Quite obviously a typo - and possibly even a fatal one as shutting down HX Native won't help you much with this very issue (as you've mentioned yourself) in case HX Edit would still be running. And yeah, that really needed to be corrected.

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2022 at 6:28 AM, SaschaFranck said:

And fwiw, I even wouldn't care if it was nitpicking (which it obviously wasn't) as I'm pretty good at those things myself. Give and take and all that...

And fwiw #2: I didn't realize @datacommando mentioned this before already, sorry. Anyway, it's edited now.

Just scrolled up and also noticed that @datacommandohad already mentioned this. Compliments to him for posting on this much earlier. I would say "good catch" but that might sound self-congratulatory :-). Thanks for correcting it!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 6:05 AM, SaschaFranck said:

1) Shut down HX Edit (using it was likely the reason for the update not to work in the first place, so don't use it this time). Windows users *need* (<-!!!) to make sure no traces of it are running in the background anymore. You can either kill the process by using the task manager, in case you don't know how to do that, just reboot your computer. Again: It is ABSOLUTELY mandatory for the following steps to work that there's NO HX Edit or traces of it running.

2) Go to this site:

Download the Line 6 Updater this way:

Updater.jpg.db5511d848cb73ac04a8a7943e3d9d72.jpg

That will take you to the site with the actual download (I'm not posting that link because there's various operating systems supported).

3) Install the Line 6 Updater.

Edit: Mac users, in case you're running into troubles installing things, please read the bottom of this post.

4) Go to this page again:

This time, download the actual firmware this way:

1296830092_FWselect-1.jpg.0277d1282cf934b8f5ceb4c0b7f01b48.jpg

Make ABSOLUTELY sure you select your hardware properly!

Again, clicking "Go" will take you to the actual download page.

Note: The file you will be downloading comes with a "hxf" file ending, make sure to remember the location you've downloaded that file to, you will need to know soon enough!

5) Connect your HX familiy device.

Edit:

6) This*might* not be necessary, also, in case your unit really seems bricked, it might not work, but just to make sure, enter safe-boot (aka update mode). Here's how (copied from elsewhere on this site):

- Helix Floor/LT: enter update mode manually by holding footswitches 6 + 12

- Helix Rack: ENC1 & ENC6 - will enter Update Mode (This feature is only available on firmware v1.06.5 and higher)

- HX Effects: Holding the right arrow ">" Will put the unit in a fail safe update mode. Use this when the HX Effects is in a un-recoverable state

- HX Stomp and Stomp XL: Page >: update mode. This update mode is helpful if the update is interrupted, and the HX Stomp will not boot properly. (this will apparently cause a blank screen)

7) Start the Line 6 Updater you've just installed (well, maybe you've installed it already in the past, just start it...).

8) DON'T sign in, chose "Offline Mode" (<-!!!).

364810296_OfflineMode.jpg.4cc710e655810a47b5437f11b6988e14.jpg

9) On the following page, your device(s) should appear. If that's not happening, check whether they're properly connected to a dedicated USB port and not to some fancy HUB. Also check that the USB cable you're using is of decent quality. In case you've checked all that but your device still doesn't show up, quit reading this thread and look for another computer to try with, the following procedure obviously only works as long as your devices are detected by your computer (yeah, I know this sounds like "computing 101 nanny" stuff, but be it so...).

10) Select your device, just click on it.

11) In the following dialog, click here:

261561992_ChooseFW.jpg.9a70d62391c23d6b3606c8c405be1241.jpg

In the following open dialog, navigate to the file you've downloaded in step (4). Make ABSOLUTELY sure it's indeed the file you've downloaded and not some earlier version or something for another device.

12) Click "Update". This might take a while, as can be read here:

Wohoo!

Once done, make sure you've got the latest version of HX Edit installed. In case you haven't, grab it from here again:

111002697_GetHXEdit.jpg.2734df2a4a102b670cf1c35af3648bbc.jpg

Following page will take you to the actual download. Download and install.

13) Perform a factory reset before booting into HX Edit. Might not be required all the time but Line 6 recommends doing so. In case you didn't manage to do a backup before the trouble started, you might however want to do that now and then perform a factory reset.

Here's the procedures for the various HX family products:

• Helix Floor/LT: While holding footswitches 9 & 10 (bottom row, 2 middle switches), turn on Helix Floor/LT
  • Helix Rack: While holding knobs 5 & 6 (2 furthest right knobs below the screen), turn on Helix Rack
  • HX Effects: While holding footswitches 6 & TAP (2 farthest right switches on the bottom row), turn on HX Effects
  • HX Stomp: While holding footswitches 2 & 3, turn on HX Stomp
  • HX Stomp XL: While holding footswitches C & D, turn on HX Stomp

That should be it.

Yeah, as said, computer nanny kinda stuff, but then, this really isn't explained too well officially (the official procedure is online updating via HX Edit, which seems to fail often enough to justify writing my little installment).

Good luck!

Edit: Quite obviously, in case everything worked, you might want to reload your backup onto your device, using HX Edit.

Edit #2

To all Mac users running a macOS version from Catalina and onwards: Apple has added several security measures, starting with Catalina.

In case an application (in this case most likely the Line 6 Updater, which I think hasn't seen an update to itself for a while, whereas HX Edit should usually just install fine) comes up with whatever error message when doubleclicking the installer, as a first step, try to do a rightclick and select "open". You will likely see a warning but it'll often allow you to click onto something saying "yes, open anyway".

In case that doesn't work, it might take you to the security settings straight away. But apparently, sometimes it doesn't. As I'm still running Mojave at the time of writing this, I can't tell you the exact procedure, so here's some information:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

Thanks to @datacommandofor pointing me to those.

I just went thru all this. and this FINALLY worked.  so frustrating.  Line6 support not available for days....this post needs to be available at ALL TIMES since I am certain others are dealing with this.  I wish I could figure out a way to save this post to a file for future help.....

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2023 at 5:31 PM, ENERVOS said:

IT DOESN T WORK WITH HX STOMP XL WINDOWS 7

Hmm… Well it certainly should, although you haven’t given us much to go on?

Saying “IT DOESN’T WORK” is quite simply not enough, a bit more explanation is required.

You could try to start your car and then say IT DOESN’T WORK”. Not very helpful to a mechanic, who may begin by looking for an electrical fault only later to realise there is no fuel in the tank!

Check, and then double check everything in the original post, then follow the instructions to the letter. Don’t try to be clever and try any short cuts. Just do as it says. Please help us to help you, we are not Line 6 staff, we are fellow users.

From Date Message
cdegardin Jan 20, 01:15 AM

Hi ! thanks to look for my trouble I tried all the things that the support customer said and it doesn't work anyway , I have two computer W8.1 and W7 ,I think that it's the problem. I will try with MacOS and hope that"s will be done ! 

here the message with suppot customer in french (sorry) :

L'update est installé mais HX Stomp ne démarre pas après ?
le message

-effectuez aussi le reset et repetez l'update :
Reset :
appuyez FS C+D et allumez le HX Stomp XL

Réinstallez offline

-Veuillez essayer par le mode update et Local File :

1. télechargez le fichier firmware, ci-joint un lien alternatif :

https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/1rHoRkgf

(n'ouvrez pas ce fichier, c'est seulement pour Line6 Updater)

2.Mettez le HX Stomp dans Update Mode
-éteignez HX Stomp XL

-appuyez le bouton PAGE ">"

et

-allumez votre HX Stomp XL, ca le met dans le modus "update"

3. Ouvrez Line6 Updater et essayez par Offline Mode
-choisissez votre HX Stomp XL dans la liste
-cliquez Choose File et sélectionnez le fichier que vous avez télechargé
-le firmware et maintenant installé encore une fois

-si vous avez essayé ca aussi avec un autre cable USB, et un autre ordinateur (WIndows 10 récommandé)

ENERVOS Jan 19, 13:15 PM le 1er message erreur etait celui ci
firmware Update Failed
An error has occurred. Please try again.
Please follow these steps when updating your Line 6 Product.
1. Turn the power switch off, then back on.
2. Ensure the USB cable is connected directly to your computer and not to a hub or peripheral such as a keyboard or mouse.
3. Click 'Continue' and attempt the update again.
Evidemment la 1ere fois j"ai essayé updat via HX edi tcomme il me le proposait avec mon identifiant ENERVOS . et voila ce que ca donnait photo capture message anterieur

puispuis apres avoir apuyer sur resume il me dis que c ok mais apres rest de mon HX pour rien ! voila ce qu il me dit png joint capture2
et ca c faux je suis toujours firmware 3.11 j'ai effacer mes mémoires pour rien ( heureusement backup ok) je suis complétement dégouté car j'adore cet pédale et pas envie de m'en séparer il doit y avoir une solution

suivi par Mr Christoph Dégardin
Support Téchnique
Ampeg/Line 6 Support Europe

ENERVOS Jan 19, 13:15 PM a screenshot of a computer
Capture2.PNG
ENERVOS Jan 19, 13:10 PM Merci de votre retour mais j"avais deja essayé avec line6 update en mode sign in et en mode sign out en ayant telecharger le fimware w7 aucune des 2 solutionsne marche apres avoir changer de cable et d'ordi car g aussi un laptop 8.1 toujours la meme chose et commence la mise a jours puis : photo ci joint
ENERVOS Jan 19, 13:10 PM graphical user interface, text, application

On 1/20/2023 at 11:09 AM, ENERVOS said:

I have two computer W8.1 and W7 ,I think that it's the problem. I will try with MacOS and hope that"s will be done !

Bonjour encore,

Votre message semble encore assez déroutant pour que je comprenne pleinement.

Le message du support est presque le même que les informations fournies dans le message original de ce fil de discussion. Et le lien qui a été fourni (https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/1rHoRkgf) est de télécharger le paquet de micrologiciel v.3.50, et il est exactement le même que celui de la zone de téléchargement principale de la ligne 6.

En regardant le Capture2. PNG du 19 janvier, 13h15, il indique que votre HX Stomp XT a été mis à jour vers 3,50, et après le processus de reconstruction prédéfini, il est recommandé d'effectuer une "réinitialisation d'usine" en maintenant enfoncés les boutons C & D (interrupteurs de pied 2 et 3) tout en allumant l'alimentation. Ensuite, vous devez restaurer votre appareil à partir du fichier de sauvegarde que vous avez créé avant la mise à jour.

Je ne comprends pas pourquoi vous avez toujours un problème avec cela si vous avez suivi les instructions. Il est très étrange d'avoir cet échec sur 2 ordinateurs Windows différents.

Comme vous l'avez mentionné, si vous pouvez essayer avec un Mac, vous pourrez peut-être résoudre ce problème, mais comme l'image PNG montre que la mise à jour est terminée, je ne vois pas pourquoi elle ne fonctionne pas correctement en ce moment.

Si l'utilisation d'un Mac ne parvient pas à corriger le problème, il peut être judicieux de consulter le magasin où vous l'avez acheté pour leur demander plus d'aide.

J'espère que cela aide/a du sens.

Hello again,

Your message still seems to be rather confusing for me to fully understand.

The message from support is almost the same as the information supplied in the original post in this thread. And the link that was supplied (https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/1rHoRkgf) is to download the v.3.50 firmware bundle, and it is exactly the same as the one in the main Line 6 download area.

Looking at the Capture2.PNG from Jan 19, 13:15 PM, it states that your HX Stomp XT has been updated to 3.50, and after the preset rebuilding process, it is recommended that you perform a “Factory Reset” by holding down buttons C & D (foot switches 2 and 3) while turning on the power. Then you should restore your device from the back up file you created before the update.

I cannot understand why you still have a problem with this if you have followed the instructions. It is very strange to have this fail on 2 different Windows computers. 

As you have mentioned, if you can try with a Mac you may be able to fix this, but as the PNG image shows the update to be complete, I don’t see why it doesn’t work correctly right now.

If using a Mac fails to correct the problem then it might be a good idea to consult the store where you bought it to ask them for more assistance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...