Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

3.5 Update glitch???

boynigel

Last night I updated my LT to 3.5.  I made sure to update Edit first.  Followed all instruction.  When I it got to the 2nd phase of the update (after the error message L6 said to expect) all appeared to be going well, but then it locked on “93% completed” for a good 15-20 minutes, this 30 minutes in to the update process.  

Finally Edit said something to the effect of, “update complete, rebooting LT” but my LT never rebooted.  Instead it had a message stating that the update had failed.

I don’t have the verbatim message because I did post it verbatim last night, reading/typing it right off the LT’s screen, but it never posted here for some reason, so now I’m going off my memory.  But I DO know it was a completely different error message than what L6 mentions in the update notes.

I waited a good 25 minutes to see if the screen on the LT would unlock and give me a proper reboot but it never happened.  I finally resorted to shutting it down.  However, when I powered back up it rebuilt all the new presets, seemingly as if nothing went wrong. 

After that I rebooted holding down the 9&10 footswitches as instructed.  After that, everything appeared to be fine and all the new features appeared to be in place.

Basically I’m just wondering if anyone else experienced this, and if the “error” message might indicate increased odds that my unit is going to be buggy/glitchy moving forward.  Obviously time will tell, but I’m wondering if this situation might warrant a re-install to play it safe?

My issue is similar but during the update my helix screen display shows, “Boot Failure, Entered Update Mode”. Now my Mac won’t recognise my device and I’m stuck in this mode, can you suggest anything to get out of this? I’ve tried rebooting but nothing happens???

In addition to the message on my screen, I remember there being a 2nd message in the upper-most left corner of the screen and I'm pretty sure it's the message you got.  I played around on it for about 3 hours tonight (stand alone and via Edit) and it's been rock solid.  maybe I got lucky.  given that fact, I'm afraid I can't offer any suggestions as I didn't have to fix anything, so nothing was learned on that front.  

at risk of pointing out the obvious, did you do the restart while holding down the 9&10 foot switches, and update Edit before you did any of this?  

On 11/5/2022 at 12:25 AM, huffster777 said:

My issue is similar but during the update my helix screen display shows, “Boot Failure, Entered Update Mode”. Now my Mac won’t recognise my device and I’m stuck in this mode, can you suggest anything to get out of this? I’ve tried rebooting but nothing happens???

Go here and follow the instructions!

Hope this helps/makes sense.