Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Edit will not recognize or load my Backup after upgrade

Wallyg

On 11/5/2022 at 4:45 PM, Wallyg said:

I'm using a MAC.

Any suggestions and help appreciated.

I have tried everything. 

Hi,

That seems very odd - I did a backup and restore with no problems yesterday on my Mac (OS Catalina).

When you say you have tried everything, did you try "Extract Files From Backup" under the File menu?

If not maybe you could possibly post the "XXbackup.hxb" file here and I can try to open it - sadly that will  possibly be in 10-12  hours time as I'm just about to close down the studio for today. Unless another Mac user can help before then. 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

I figured it out.

I'm an idiot and did not see restore from backup and went looking for a bundle as that is usually how I backup my Helix.

All's well now and Thanks again for you quick offer to help!!

• Upvote 1

On 11/5/2022 at 6:00 PM, Wallyg said:

Thanks so much.

I did 2 backups(one on my own, one during the upgrade process) but it looks like the backup did not create a bundle file like it has done in the past.

It created an "HX Edit document". Picture attached. 

The last bundle I have is 18 months old so hours/days of work will be lost.

The only thing I probably should have done is create my backup using the old HX Edit and not with the new one. 

Thank you again for your kind offer to help!

Hi,

Yeah, I also did two backups, first from the old version of HX Edit 3.15, then before installing the update the latest version prompted me to make another backup, which I did. Both of them are saved as bundle files and can be opened into the latest 3.50 HX Edit.

Two things immediately spring to mind:

1. It's not unknown for a Mac to be still opening an earlier version of of the HX Edit through an alias back to the old one. Make absolutely sure that you are using the latest version -

or

2. Have you have recently updated your OS to Ventura? - apparently there is an issue with the new OS where it fails to save and open backup bundles correctly. Oops!

Something weird happening with the attachment too. I'm looking at it on a Mac Book Air running Monterey and all I can see is a large icon image of a blank page with the top right curled back as if being turned. Although, the file seems to be named "Helix Floor Backup 2022-Nov-04.hxb", I can download it but it shows the the same blank page image and it's actually a JPEG file.

I'm not sure what else to suggest at this stage.

Note:- RE Ventura - this issue with the new OS is not something caused by Line 6 - I had an email this morning from Eventide warning their customers to avoid updating to the Ventura OS.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

EDIT: Glad you managed to figure it out  -I will leave this reply here in case it may helps someone else.

Edited by datacommando
EDIT Solved