Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Factory 1 Presets for HX Stomp Users Please?

HanoverGreen

Greetings All. HX Stomp user,

Was watching Clint Curtis on YouTube demoing presets. He has a Factory 1 Preset available to him with great tones. I have an HX Stomp and all I have are the standard DIR:, ACO: etc. I did a factory reset after but not before the update. I have never seen presets like the ones he has. I do not have multiple Setlist functionality, I guess by design, and that's ok. I just want to have those better presets. I followed all the directions I could find prior to updating because I had read people were having issues. I did my due diligence and if, for some reason, i did not follow a step I didn't know about, should I pay a penalty by not having those presets? I also did NOT import my Backup.  I also bought my Stomp used so have never seen the Factory 1 List. 

Is there a way to get a backup of those Presets? Or are they incompatible with Stomp?

If it is not a violation of TOS, would someone be kind enough to share the Factory 1 presets with me?

Thank you all for any information/data you can share. Much appreciated!

Best Regards/Best Wishes!

MySetlist.png

Factory 1 Presets.png

Edited by HanoverGreen

FWIW - when referring to a YT (or any other) video or web article you should provide a link.

If you updated to v3.5 and finished the update process with a factory reset (per the instructions) then you have all of the factory presets available for v3.5.

You posted a screenshot which appears to be a shot of a Helix Setlist over an HXS setlist.

The only way to know if a Helix preset is compatible with HXS is to try to import it.

A link to the YT video MIGHT help determine (if the creator included screenshots of the signal chain) if the specific presets are compatible.

Time references would also be helpful so we don't have to watch the entire video.

@HanoverGreenthe HX Stomp does not have multiple Setlists. The HX Stomp only has one Presets List! It does not have multiple Setlists as found on the Helix Floor, LT, Rack, etc. 

Nonetheless, you can Import and Export Presets amongst and between the Helix devices -- so long as the subject Preset does not exceed the Signal Chain and DSP capability of the HX Stomp! When using HX Edit to Import and Export Presets, HX Edit will prompt you should the Preset not be compliant. 

Also be aware that whenever you Import any Preset which you may purchase or find on the Internet, after you Import such Preset(s) to your HX Stomp it is always a good idea to do a Power On Rebuild Presets procedure to assure that the Imported Preset(s) is (are) properly converted to your existing firmware version! For the HX Stomp, Hold the Upper and Lower Buttons while Powering On your HX Stomp. For all the Reset Options, see HelixHelp.com > Reset Options. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys. Here is the link - Yep. I did write above I reset it. I used Power+2+3.  I knew Stomp only had one Setlist..just wondered why we don't get the Factory list vs the one we DO get. If that is the only one we get then ok. :( I just don't have access to any other Factory Presets from Line 6..which does kinda suck since they made the ones we have for our DSP limitations..seems they might have created the same list for Stomp users but it is what it is.

I didn't need to link the video as the only relevant info was the difference between the Setlist pictures I posted.  I appreciate the sentiment you express however. 

Thank You.

On 11/6/2022 at 5:13 PM, HanoverGreen said:

Is there a way to get a backup of those Presets? Or are they incompatible with Stomp?

If it is not a violation of TOS, would someone be kind enough to share the Factory 1 presets with me?

Thank you all for any information/data you can share. Much appreciated!

Hi,

If the guy you mentioned was using a Helix floor, rather than the HX Stomp, then maybe they are incompatible as the Helix has double the DSP of the Stomp. You need to be specific about the video, because if any of those presets use both DSPs then you are out of luck. That screen shot of the FACTORY 1 folder looks like it is from a Helix, LT or Rack, not sure about the other as I don’t have a Stomp and don’t have any idea about what presets it ships with.

Anyhow - from the release notes:

OPTIONAL: Performing a factory reset loads the new 3.50 Factory Presets, but restoring from your backup will overwrite these. Spend some time exploring these and export the factory presets you want to keep (or drag them to your desktop). If you have unused setlists in Helix Floor/Rack/LT, you can also export the entire FACTORY 1 bundle for loading into an unused setlist later.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

EDIT:

He is using a Helix in that video. Maybe, someone could export the Factory 1 bundle to see if it will load into your Stomp. I would offer to do that for you but the studio is locked up until tomorrow.

Edited by datacommando
Added comment

Thanks datacommando. Did NOT import my backup. Never seen the Factory presets. Only "SETLIST" shows for Stomp which, as I already knew, we only get one of. Just hoped I had missed something somewhere. It does not seem that is the case now you say he is on a Helix.

Thanks for time you took posting. Appreciated!