Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to get 3.5 presets?

toneyv1

Updated to 3.5 on hxedit and helix floor. Did factory reset after and preset reset after. However both factory playlists seem to have original presets with legacy cabs. My presets are wiped so I know it half worked. Am I missing something?

The high likelihood is that when you restored your backup you also restored your old Factory and Templates setlists. Try the procedure detailed in the video below.

Make sure you get backups first! You may find this video helpful, particularly starting at about 5:10 in. He demonstrates the method for doing the factory reset (on the Helix, use the one specific to your device) and then restoring the user setlists without overwriting the new Factory/Template setlists.

Start with a factory reset after getting backups. The trick is, after opening a restore backup session, to expand your setlists and uncheck the ones you want to be restored to Factory from your new firmware. Often the two 'Factory' setlists and maybe the 'Templates' setlist as well. Alternately, any setlist that is checked will be restored from the backup file you selected.

Worth mentioning - it is the factory reset that loads the new Factory and Template setlists for your current firmware level to your device. To elaborate on the above, if you then proceed to do a backup restore (as per the firmware release update notes), and do not uncheck the factory/template setlists, you will be restoring the old firmware's factory/template setlists, from your previous backup. This has applied to pretty much every firmware update. Whatever you decide, to retain your old factory setlists, or overwrite them with the new ones from the factory reset, you absolutely should restore your setlists, don't skip this step!

Note: As the fellow in the video mentions, individually extracting any Factory or Template presets you may have edited "in place" is a good idea during your initial backup if you want to reload them after the factory reset loads up the new factory/template setlists. If you neglect to do this though, you can always use the 'Extract Files from Backup' command, on your previous backup, to recover individual prior factory presets.

• Like 1

Btw, it would be great to see a post from Line6 with links for the new factory/template setlists each time they get updated. Something like the post below that @Line6Tonyput up for the 3.0 firmware would probably be helpful and nice to have around as a sort of factory/template setlist archive. Again, this is from the 3.0 firmware, not the current 3.5.

• Like 1

Line 6 should have a download repository offering all previous and current factory presets.

I forgot to export them after updating and just restored my backup, so they were gone before I could even give them a testrun. And now I can't be bothered to do another backup and reset just to get to some factory presets. Not that I'd really be using any presets (in fact, I never do), but apparently some other folks do. So they should just be available in a "link, click here" fashion.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2022 at 2:18 AM, HonestOpinion said:

The high likelihood is that when you restored your backup you also restored your old Factory and Templates setlists. Try the procedure detailed in the video below.

Make sure you get backups first! You may find this video helpful, particularly starting at about 6:15 in. He demonstrates the method for restoring the factory presets.

The trick is, after opening a restore backup session, to expand your setlists and uncheck the ones you want to be restored to Factory from your new firmware. Often the two 'Factory' setlists and maybe the 'Templates' setlist as well. Alternately, any setlist that is checked will be restored from the backup file you selected.

Worth mentioning - it is the factory reset that loads the presets for your current firmware level to your device. To elaborate on the above, if you then proceed to do a backup restore (as per the firmware release update notes), and do not uncheck the factory/template setlists, you will be restoring the old firmware's factory/template setlists. Whatever you do, retaining your old factory setlists, or overwriting them with the new ones, you absolutely should restore your user setlists, don't skip it!

That guy would make a brick sounding great lol! Whatever he tests, doesnt matter guitar or pedals being used, just sounds beautiful.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/8/2022 at 9:00 AM, PierM said:

Whatever he tests, doesnt matter guitar or pedals being used, just sounds beautiful.

Yeah, pretty awsome player and a cool dude as it seems.

If anything, his channel is a little short on rhythm tones (and as we all hopefully know, it's rhythm tones paying the bill, noodling is always only on top).

• 4 weeks later...