Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

External Looper with HX Stomp Xl

KerryBlues

Help please, I am new to using the HX Stomp XL and I need some advice. Currently I am just using the unit to practice at home so the Stomp is connected to a small Spark amp.

I want to attach an external Boss RC 30 looper to my unit to allow me to retain my “ backing” loops as the inbuilt loops won’t allow storage.  Can anyone please advise how to go about this please?

On 11/8/2022 at 9:36 AM, KerryBlues said:

Help please, I am new to using the HX Stomp XL and I need some advice. Currently I am just using the unit to practice at home so the Stomp is connected to a small Spark amp.

I want to attach an external Boss RC 30 looper to my unit to allow me to retain my “ backing” loops as the inbuilt loops won’t allow storage.  Can anyone please advise how to go about this please?

Hi, 

I’ve only just spotted your post re: Boss RC 30 .

Someone asked about this a while back - go to this thread and you will find a preset file you can try with your looper.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

EDIT:

IIRC, that preset was one I used with my Helix floor unit. I cannot remember if I stripped it down to basics for the guy to try out on his Helix. I’m not in the studio now until tomorrow, so if you do download it and it cannot load into your Stomp XL, let me know by replying to this post and I will rebuild a preset that will work for your set up. 

Edited by datacommando
Added note

On 11/8/2022 at 2:36 AM, KerryBlues said:

Datacommando's link is a good one, but either way it's not too hard to do. My reccomendation would be to put your Boss RC 30 in the Stomp's effects loop. The advantage of this is you can then use the Stomp FX's block to place the looper anywhere in your signal chain depending on how you want it to be impacted by your other effects. When you want it to be heard, make sure the FX block in the Stomp is active. When you want the Boss unit to shutup, you can either use the controls on the Boss RC 30 itself or simply deactivate (bypass) the Stomp's FX block.