Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Switching to manual, Captain. (Update issue)

ricstudioc

Howdy all -

For reasons I have yet to ascertain, my always-reliable* music laptop has been unable to connect properly to  Line 6 as regards the 3.5 update.  Not my first rodeo, the last few updates have been flawless.  But something's going on - I open HXedit, it sees the update, I sign in and choose a storage location - get an"unable to update" error which then opens a browser to Line 6 which fails to resolve correctly.  Time after time.

Note that this is NOT an "update problem" as others might report - I'm not even getting that far into the process.  The problem is on my end.

On my office PC, where I am now, I've been able to download the HXedit installer, Updater installer (that fails also) - finally found what I THINK is the install package for the Helix itself - HELIX_Floor_v3.50.0_0xec7605f09_bundle.hxf.  Does that look right?

Just want to be absolutely sure so I don't break the 12th commandment - "Thou shalt not eff up thy firmware". 

Thanks!

*always reliable till now.  Scratching my head as to the problem.

No.  This PC is dedicated to its purpose, as is the music lappy.  I'll resolve the lappy issue on it's own merits, right now I just want to make sure I have my ducks lined up to do a manual update.  Think I'm good to go, but I'll wait to see if someone says "don't forget to....".  Again, 12th commandment.

On 11/8/2022 at 5:04 PM, ricstudioc said:

No.  This PC is dedicated to its purpose, as is the music lappy.  I'll resolve the lappy issue on it's own merits, right now I just want to make sure I have my ducks lined up to do a manual update.  Think I'm good to go, but I'll wait to see if someone says "don't forget to....".  Again, 12th commandment.

Well, I have never isolated the file so I personally can't vouch for that file. I think few on here would be able to as the HX Edit seems to always work, and if it doesn't then you use Line 6 Updater.  I'm not sure why you'd choose a manual update in this case. If you have a second PC option, why not just install HX Edit updated to 3.5 and do the natural update process? 

On 11/9/2022 at 10:37 AM, Kilrahi said:

Well, I have never isolated the file so I personally can't vouch for that file. I think few on here would be able to as the HX Edit seems to always work, and if it doesn't then you use Line 6 Updater.  I'm not sure why you'd choose a manual update in this case. If you have a second PC option, why not just install HX Edit updated to 3.5 and do the natural update process? 

Well as I mention above, all of my devices are specifically purposed - I don't mix them up.  Difficult to explain briefly.  Also as noted, Edit and Updater would not load as the Line6 site wasn't resolving correctly (Just garbage on screen) However -

In poking at the lappy, I noted that the browser I use was getting kinda long in the tooth - hadn't noticed because this lappy goes online for perhaps 5 minutes a year, and NEVER for casual browsing.  Quick updates, then switch wireless back off.  I updated the browser and tried again - this time after the first error I got to the L6 site (resolving properly) and got HXedit and Updater installed, but once again neither of them would "see" the update online.  So using Updater I went for a Local install using the file I referenced above.  Success!

Btw I'd like to change the title line, indicate problem solved, but damned if I can see how to do that. 

• Like 1