Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Farm 2.57 No Licence Found

Hi 

I could do with some help with this please. I bought pod farm platinum 2.57 online yesterday from the line6 shop and downloaded it. I've updated my ilok account and key and run the licence manager and that say that both my PC and my guitarport are authorised. 

When I authorised the guitar port, for a brief while (a few minutes) all the amps and cabs loaded up (picture attached) - but now whenever I start pod farm, it comes up saying that it has no licence and will run in trial mode - which is no use to me.

I need to get this resolved - I'm running windows 8.1 and would welcome any suggestions pls

I would raise a support ticket but that part of the website doesnt appear to be working. I'm pretty close to having the credit card payment reversed on Line 6 and getting my money back.

thanks

Jonnystead

if you bought the ilok version for some reason and have a guitarport attached, then you've probably got conflicting authorizations.... the ilok probably says yes and the guitarport says no....

does it work if you remove the ilok? how about if you remove the guitarport?

just as a troubleshooting... as you surely have them plugged in for a reason.

i'd suggest calling support when they open tomorrow, they can straighten this out for you.

Yeah it's possible that the authorization somehow got corrupted in the confusion.

curious though... why buy the ilok version? the non-ilok version is hardware independent and can be installed and authorized on 4 machines at one time.

I had the ilok version, but have since gotten the other version... far cheaper than buying another ilok device and a license... and less hassle than moving the ilok everytime i want to work on an alternate machine.

Honestly, I don't know - I think I read it as you have a choice of buying the ilok version or a hardware dependent version (I may have mis-read, in which case I am a spanner). Either way I'd expect Line 6 to be able to resolve this PDQ - there's too much competition out there for this stuff for them to be tricky about it - and although I have a variax and have used Gearbox and Pods before, I don't feel any particular loyalty to them on this one. You can probably tell I'm feeling a little frustrated - apologies! :)

that's a different issue still....

because in your first post you mentioned model packs....

and model packs ABSOLUTELY do NOT work with the ilok version...

with ilok it's either a standard license (no model packs) or a platinum license (all model packs) no inbetween.

My Ilok ist not authorizing the Pod Farm 2.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 Here...I made the mistake of updating  to 2.57 last night...and everything stopped working...downgraded to 2.56 and all worked again....today however, Monkey slipped me a micky and re-upgraded me to 2.57.

I've owned a platinum license for Pod Farm 2 since before it was called Platinum. :-)   I don't think I should need a new license for a Marveriks update I don't need  (stuck on Lion due to EOL hardware).

Assuming this is a glitch, so I'll wait patientely and try not to get too tempted to rip out Line 6 in favor of Amp Kit. ;-)

Cheers,

JIm

+1 Here...I made the mistake of updating  to 2.57 last night...and everything stopped working...downgraded to 2.56 and all worked again....today however, Monkey slipped me a micky and re-upgraded me to 2.57.

I've owned a platinum license for Pod Farm 2 since before it was called Platinum. :-)   I don't think I should need a new license for a Marveriks update I don't need  (stuck on Lion due to EOL hardware).

Assuming this is a glitch, so I'll wait patientely and try not to get too tempted to rip out Line 6 in favor of Amp Kit. ;-)

Cheers,

JIm

Just to be clear, there has never been an iLok in my set up for anything....

post-463618-0-01845800-1396853200_thumb.jpgpost-463618-0-53953000-1396853499_thumb.jpg