Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD GO UPDATE SOON?

robmlisanti

Typically the POD Go gets at least some of the new amp and FX models introduced in a Helix update relatively soon after the Helix update is released. This time may be different, at least as far as the amps are concerned. The recent Helix update involved a complete redesign of the implementation of the Helix Cabs, and required changes to the Helix core operating system. I simply don't know whether or not it will be practical to retrofit this new Cab implementation to the POD Go. And if not, I don't know whether it makes sense to release just the amp without the cab.

I think the new Helix FX models stand a better chance of being included in a pending POD Go update but there's no saying when that might happen.

Hopefully Line 6 releases the new Cab engine for the Pod Go, would make sense seeing how they managed to reduce DSP usage of IR's and cabs by 60-80% along with the ability to blend up to 2 IR's/cabs in one block. in reality the Blending option is truly needed in the Pod Go for having easy access to creating truly unique tones especially when 80% of your tone is in fact from IR's or cabs.

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2023 at 4:15 AM, ElPuni said:

Any news about the update? It´s a very good tool but any improvement would be great

This question is asked all the time, for just about every current Line 6 product. The answer remains the same: Only Line 6 knows, and they don’t talk about it.

So for all of us users the answer is also the same: An update may or may not be coming. If it is, it’s coming ‘soon’.

On 1/4/2023 at 9:15 AM, ElPuni said:

Any news about the update? It´s a very good tool but any improvement would be great

Hi Puni, I think I responded on The Gear Page too, but for anyone else looking in:

"On past track record of Pod Go upgrades you can reckon between 4-6 months from the release of Helix firmware upgrades. Helix 3.5 was released on November 3, 2022. So I'd estimate anytime between early March to early May 2023. Line 6 will try to give Pod Go users as much as it can subject to processing and memory limitations - if it's just a few more amps/fx I suspect it might be on the earlier side - if there's any way of giving Pod Go some of the new cab facilities I suspect that will take longer - the bigger the firmware upgrade, the longer it takes hence the historical 4-6 month range".

But as @silverheadsaid, it was a pretty major upgrade re cabs on Helix so we'll just have to wait & see whether Line 6 can give Pod Go users something here. 

Well, I dont want to falsely raise hopes, but Digital Igloo popped into The Gear Page earlier, and when asked if there was any news 're Pod Go firmware upgrade, he  said ( cryptic as always of course):

"No points for guessing, but it's a lot trickier adding [obvious thing I can't technically divulge] to POD Go. It might take a while, but it's still coming."

We'll have to wait and see of course, but I wonder if Line 6 might be working hard to try and give Pod Go owners a 'Cabby New Year' ?!

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
On 11/14/2022 at 11:49 AM, robmlisanti said:

Anyone think we should get those amps and cabs that the Helix just got in the 3.50 Update? I would lOve the Moon Amps and Distortion so I can get those famous Doom SOunds!

I'm already planning of cranking one of the Moon Amps with a RAT or Big Muff in front for those Sunn O))) tones. Oh, and don't forget to down-tune to Drop-A. Drone-Doom forever!