Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Advanced Guide

Hello all.

I'm new to the forums. I have several guitars and a Spider iv hd150. I just finished saving up the money for "the dream rig".

After reading about this combination for months I decided to take the plunge. I started looking for a guitar to demo. Because one of my favorites is my Am Strat I decided on the 69.

I bought a JTV-69, Pod HD pro, FBV MKll, DT25.

I have the JTV-69 as of yesterday and have trouble putting it down. It is awesome, even just playing the through the hd150.

All I had to do with the setup was lower the strings about .036 of an inch. Everything else was spot on. Even the battery was charged.

The strings line up straight on the neck and the frets are great, the strings do not fall of the fret and the knobs are tight so far.

I happen to walk into GC just after they stocked for the big Memorial Day sale and found they put two in stock. Got it at 15% off regular price.

I'm waiting for the other gear to arrive.

I have searched the forum for information on the "Advanced Guide" for my JTV-69. I cannot find anything.

I went to the manual section at line6.com and it does not appear there.

Is there an advanced guide for the JTV-69?

Where can I find it?

There is an advanced guide that explains Workbench editor functions, but I cannot figure out how to attach it to this post.  What I can't find is a step by step instruction manual on how to use the Workbench.  Yes, there is that 4-page User Manual, but I find it lacking a lot.

Thanks. I saw that but I'm looking for the "Advanced Guide" for the JTV-69. I have the Pilot manual in print and the pdf from: http://line6.com/support/manuals/jtv69.

in and on the pilot guide it says "for the advanced guide see: www.line6.com/manuals, but it is not located there.

I was just wondering if anyone knew if there even is an advanced manual for the guitar.

Also off topic, your tube vids look great and you are definitely a great player. I read some of your other posts and once a long long time ago lived in upstate NY as well. Outside Johnson City.

Well, to tell the truth, the more time I spend reading these forums the more I learn about things that I thought might be written in a more advanced manual, like, how you need to unplug the 1/4" cable and put the volume knob to zero when you put the 69 to sleep at night so it doesn't drain the battery.

Stuff like that.

• Upvote 1

fair enough, i never have read even the basic manual so i don't know what's there and what's not...

that sounds somewhat like it would be basic manual info.

Well, to tell the truth, the more time I spend reading these forums the more I learn about things that I thought might be written in a more advanced manual, like, how you need to unplug the 1/4" cable and put the volume knob to zero when you put the 69 to sleep at night so it doesn't drain the battery.

Stuff like that.

IMHO the JTV Pilots Guide is the only manual that's available. AFAIR the Online PDF has some little more information than that one comes with the guitar.

Anyhow, in the guide is written to plug off the 1/4" jack, when guitar is not in use, even to lower down the volume to get a kind sleep mode. So what more you need?

BTW if you want to connect your JTV via usb connector to your PC you have to put in the supplied VDI cable, put in a 1/4" plug and switch on the modeler in your JTV otherwise you will get no connection.

But if you plug in your VDI cable in your HD and connect your HD via USB you need no 1/4 jack plugged in. It is a matter of power supply by the battery or the HD.

There is a lot that needs to be in the manual, especially in the area of using Workbench.  For example, the Help in Workbench does not address all the buttons and menus that appear on the application.  I don't find them to be intuitive.  If I were a documentation designer I would include a step by step guide on how to edit models and alternate tunings, how to save them, back them up, restore them, etc.  I mean in detail.

but workbench... much like line6 edit, gearbox, and the hd edit programs... would have it's own manual so that's kind of a separate issue....

although certainly a valid point.

There is a lot that needs to be in the manual, especially in the area of using Workbench.  For example, the Help in Workbench does not address all the buttons and menus that appear on the application.  I don't find them to be intuitive.  If I were a documentation designer I would include a step by step guide on how to edit models and alternate tunings, how to save them, back them up, restore them, etc.  I mean in detail.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,  What I was looking for was the manual that had the "set-up" information like the measurement the factory says the strings should

be off the fretboard.  Regular intonation is not a problem at all but was considering changing string guages. Also I agree after reading this particular

thread it would have been nice to know that turning the volume all the way down and then unplugging it would save battery life. Seems like there 

might be or should be a manual with information like that in it.  Thanks for the time.

Oh, I have a new Cherry Red JTV69 named "Betty"