Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Where did Snapshot Bypass go?

zappazapper

I don't seem to have a Snapshot Bypass option anymore, although it still works on presets that I created before the update to 3.50 that use the option.

I select a block, press the "Three Lines" Menu button, press Knob 1 to enter the Bypass Assign menu, and turn Knob 1 to select a Footswitch. My memory is that selecting an appropriate switch would add another page to this menu, which could be accessed by pressing the "< PAGE" and "PAGE >" buttons, where the Snapshot Bypass option would be. This second page does not appear. The option does not appear in HX Edit either.

Furthermore, I have a preset that was created before the update that has a Poly Capo block that is controlled by a Footswitch, and I had Snapshot Bypass disabled for that block. The preset still functions as I intended, with the Poly Capo only being controlled by the Footswitch, and ignoring Snapshots, even though the option to enable and disable Snapshot Bypass is no longer visible. Clearly the functionality still exists and functions correctly, but the setting is not accessible.

Furthermore, I suspected that perhaps the functionality of this feature was changed such that a user has to explicitly set the bypass state of the block to be controlled by Snapshots by setting the "Switch" parameter to Snapshots, but a) Snapshots doesn't even show up in the available options for the "Switch" parameter (my memory is that it did), b) simply changing Snapshots and setting the bypass states for the blocks by using the BYPASS button still functions as normal, as I remember, c) it wouldn't make sense to do this because there's every reason to assume that someone would want a block controlled by a footswitch AND snapshots.

Can someone please check their unit and confirm for me that the Snapshot Bypass parameter is no longer present? I'd like to know if this is an issue specific to my unit that requires a factory reset, re-flash, etc.

Ah. Ok.

Am I wrong that it used to be on a second page in the Bypass Assign menu? Am I just thinking that because the new Snapshot Control feature is part of the Controller Assign menu, on a second page? Does it maybe make sense that Snapshot Bypass should now be in the Bypass Assign menu for the sake of consistency?

On 11/20/2022 at 12:56 PM, zappazapper said:

Ah. Ok.

Am I wrong that it used to be on a second page in the Bypass Assign menu? Am I just thinking that because the new Snapshot Control feature is part of the Controller Assign menu, on a second page? Does it maybe make sense that Snapshot Bypass should now be in the Bypass Assign menu for the sake of consistency?

IDK. All that matters is that it is what it is ;-)

• Like 1