Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A Cheat Sheet, FW 3.50 - Amps and Effects...

PerS

Made the update to 3.50 last weekend. A really great update, very impressed. First thought was – Who stole my blanket…? Was a bit scared when I read the Helix forums on Line6.com and TGP, but finished the update without any problems, start to finish 25 minutes. Thanks Line6. 

So, time to update the Cheat Sheet…

Some of you have already seen and used my Cheat Sheet in pdf and also know that I promised to move this to Excel… well this last update added some new challenge to this (new structure, more than one item with the same name etc.), so I’ll do some more work on that later.

This last update, amazing as it is, adds some complexity so I decided to make a few changes.

• Made the printout in landscape as the font size became so small, I couldn’t read it. 
  • As landscape opened up space to add info that could be relevant. DSP was mentioned earlier so that is in.  Ben Vesco’s site has been a great source to do this. Also added changes from last version in a more detailed way. If it’s a new amp/effect added (N), if it’s an update from last version (!) and if it’s a legacy (L). Also found a bass amp cab that was in Edit Pilot Guide but not in the firmware… 
  • Added the documentation of new/default amp-cab-mic combinations but skipped the old ones as when building presets now will probably be based on the new cab’s/mic’s. But all info on previous cabs, mic’s and effects are there to use. 
  • As before, all items appear in the same order as on the Helix unit itself.
  • Not – There is info I don’t have at this point. It’s marked with “tba” and will be updated when available. 

From the beginning the purpose of this document was to have a short handy printout with a selection of info of interest in the guitar bag. Well, the last updates have made hardcopy less interesting. To many pages and to many lines… now 11 pages and 450+ lines/items. Today extended searchable info in condensed pdf-format is the quick way to find info without going through manual and additional info.   

Feel free to use it if it’s of any help. Open for feedback/suggestions to make it better.

//Per

Edit:

I can’t delete the old files on the forum and the map is full… Download link via my Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/s/iavpjym4mxvr9s2/Line6%20Helix-Model%20Summary%2C%203.50c.pdf?dl=0

• Like 7
  • Thanks 8
  • Upvote 3

Wow! This is outstanding!! Thanks.

Great find regarding the phantom 1x12 Fanny Pack Bass Cab captured from 1x12" Epifani UL112 Ultralight typo. 

I just submitted a Bug Report ticket to Line 6 so they're aware of the Typo, which also exists in the Helix Native 3.50 Pilots Guide PDF.

• Like 1

Hi @MusicLAw, thanks.

I have several sources of information and have to sort/filter it down to one list. My key is the Line6 name, and I can’t believe how many misspellings there are, even in the Line6 document… e.g. Ratatoullie, Pattrn etc, hard to know if it’s intentional or not, but it becomes the reference, learn from that ;-). Long story short, I got one name left, the Fanny Pack, and after checking it in my LT I understood that I got a glimpse into next version :-). Wonder what else they had to leave out to release 3.50…? 

And you are correct, I should have reported the findings to Line 6, to focus on Excel... Glad you did, thanks. Hopefully they don’t update the manual, prefer they update the firmware :-)

I also saw your post on TGP, that was encouraging, sir. 
//Per

• Upvote 1

Awesome, thanks! And to your point about a hard copy. I put a small NFC sticker on my Helix Floor. I coded it to link to a Google Drive folder where I keep all my relevant Helix docs. So I just tap my phone on the sticker, and I can pull the manual, your PDF, pictures of cable routing, etc. etc., whatever is in the folder. I suppose you could do the same and just have it open this doc on your phone.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

When staring at a document for too long, you become blind to the obvious...

Updated version of the Cheat Sheet. Found that my macros hadn’t updated the Wah models and that my Swedish dialect influenced my writing :-). So the 3.5b-version is in the link below and the first post.

//Per

Edit:

I can’t delete the old files on the forum and the map is full… Download link via my Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/s/iavpjym4mxvr9s2/Line6%20Helix-Model%20Summary%2C%203.50c.pdf?dl=0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

@matsulli – I found they have two types of sticky models but thinking of getting the tag model insted and using double side tape to attach it to the HX. I may have use for the tags in other applications too…

@mritt, @azorwit – You are so welcome…

Just a hands up, there will be a C-version too... Just small changes/corrections, like the Studio Tube Pre that I deleted by mistake when I took away the legacy Amp/Cab/Mic’s (focused on the new Amp/Cab/Mic’s). Found some more misspellings, surpicing. Next time I will add some more QC-time and use the document in real life before publishing it :-). To my defense I claim to have used too much time getting the structure in the database correct ;-). So now time to update my old favorite presets.

//Per

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks @bontarou, I’m glad you do.

Oh, and that’s good news. Checked yesterday as I was making the last changes/correction. I will look at what he published and import it into the Cheat Sheet. Thanks for the hands-up.

And when on the subject – If Ben/Malhavok sees this please contact me via L6 account. Tried to find a way to reach out but only found it via Facebook and there I’m not. Or if someone has his contact info... 
//Per

So, I have tried to correct some errors in the document and also incorporated Ben Vesco’s DSP update (what an incredible work...) for v3.50>>. And what I can see at this point it’s all there. If you find anything suspicious don’t hesitate to let me know.

So, use it and have fun.

//Per

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks, MusicLaw. I'm just glad it might be of use for someone else but me. And it gives me an opportunity to practice/expand my Excel skills. Was natural when I was working, part of my job. Retired for two years now so doing this and some other small projects gives me an opportunity to practice my skills. And to practice my conversing English :-)

I think I found the reason why you had to be logged in to be able to view/download files on the Line6 forum (Regarding the conversation on TGP )... If I upload the file to the library on the Line6 forum, there will be a link in the post and other user need to login to download. If I add an external link, like now to my dropbox, then I think you can access the link and download without logging in.
Another thing was that I couldn't delete files from the folder in my profile without first removing them from the threads they were posted in. This must have happened after some update of the forum, worked before...

//Per

Edited by PerS
Made som changes to my terrible English... :-)
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1