Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

$49 for Helix Native!

soundog

On 11/22/2022 at 10:56 PM, soundog said:

If you own a Helix hardware unit (any model, I think), you can't beat this current deal. It's the cheapest price I've seen for Native. Price is good  through 12/5/2022.

Definitely the least expensive I remember. Such a great piece of software. This is an absolute no-brainer for anyone who doesn't have Native yet, jump on it!

With Helix Native you have several easy options! 

You can easily Export and Import Setlists to and from your Hard Drive! So, in a click and select from your hard drive file manager directory you can swap Setlists. You can also easily Save individual Presets to your Hard drive as well as Copy them from your hard drive to your Setlist. Thus making it easy to aggregate Presets in a Setlist of your making.

You may also go into Helix Native's Preferences > Hardware Compatibility and change from the unit you are using HX Stomp to the Floor/LT/Rack or Set Hardware Compatibility Mode to OFF. These alternatives will give you multiple Setlist options while working in Helix Native, which will appear just as the Multiple Setlists appear if you were working with a Helix Floor/LT/Rack in HX Edit! So long as you keep in mind that the HX Stomp only supports one Signal Chain 1 (A&B) Eight Blocks and 3 Snapshots, any Presets you create using Helix Native would be compatible with your HX Stomp -- when you Import or open them in HX Edit without problem! This presumes that you are using the same version of Helix Native as HX Native when you are creating and moving Presets amongst and between your device and software (Native, HX Edit, your hard drive, and your HX Stomp).

If you have any interest in Helix Native, you can always download the program as the download is a full featured free trial! If you like it, grab it on sale for $49 USD while the sale is on through Dec 5. The current versions of HX Edit and Helix Native are 3.50. Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/23/2022 at 6:33 PM, Picksalotmore said:

I have an HX Stomp. Will Helix Native allow me to have "Multiple Setlists" within the Plugin? I know the HX Stomp Unit only allows for 1 Setlist within it, but it would be very useful if Helix Native provided access to Multiple Setlists when run as a Plugin.

Hi,

With Helix Native it can emulate any of the Helix hardware modules, in fact if you wish, you can create things that are not possible in the hardware because it is only restricted by your computer’s processing power. Having said that, if you are wishing to swap presets with your HX Stomp you should hold back a little and not go too mad. Needless to say you should be able to populate Native with the same amount of presets as a full Helix, and then drag and drop any you want to use in your Stomp -simply drag and drop into HX Edit. Bear in mind that any presets that you want to port across to the HXStomp, you should only build presets that would be compatible using the built in compatibility mode of Native. Easy really.

This is very old now, but worth checking.

Also check out the Pilot’s Guide.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a4039926363ef079d156/application/pdf/Helix Native Pilot Guide 3.50 - English .pdf

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks MusicLaw, and datacommando! That was the just the information I needed. I purchased Helix Native. I need to scope out what the best options are for running it as a VST Standalone, for when I don't want to open it my DAW. I have read that there are some free "VST Hosts" that can do that, but I need to do some research first to find out if the safe to use it that way. It would be nice if Line 6 Helix made a VST Standalone version of Helix Native. Thanks again.

• Thanks 1