Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Removing Unused Line 6 Drivers and Apps from my Win10 computer

narramor

I am trying to clean up the hard drive on my Win10 computer by removing unused applications and drivers.  I am currently in version 3.50 on both my Helix Floor and Helix Edit.  I have attached an image of the Line 6 apps listed in "Control Panel/Programs and Features" on my PC.  Which of the Line 6 apps and drivers listed in the attachment can be uninstalled without impacting the operation of my current Helix Edit 3.50 and Helix Floor 3.50?

Thank you,

Jimmy Narramore

11-24-2022 Line 6 Apps.png

Line 6 uninstaller aren't the most clean in the world.

If you really want a proper cleanup of all leftovers and registry, take a look to Revo uninstaller. That app does really discover any single leftover and remove it (doing a backup just in case you need to roll back).

I think you have the main part of the answer above, but I add my 2 cents… if it’s the consensus of the forum I don’t know, is there one? Maybe Line6 Support can give a more comprehensive answer about how good the uninstaller is. 

My experience of uninstalling software in general is that they all leave things behind, Line6 is no exception. To deal with that you can use an uninstaller app, like Revo. As you want to reduce the number of app’s, just uninstall it when done. Or, keep it to have the possibility to uninstall more apps at a later time. PierM’s suggestion of Revo is a good one, heard a lot of good things about it but never tried it myself. 

Would recommend uninstalling all the apps on your pic (as it looks like an old revision of sw has not been uninstalled…) and then reinstalling the once you want to keep. The way I would do it (without uninstaller software) -> Unplug the USB cable -> Reboot the PC (will release software/drivers before uninstalling, less leftovers) -> Uninstall all the one in the pic -> Reboot the PC (fresh PC) -> Re install apps you want to keep -> Reboot PC -> Reconnect the USB-cable, ready to go. With the uninstaller software you can probably uninstall/install it all without the rebooting as the software can clean up even locked files. Anyway, you need to unplug the USB cable to HX to do a “safe” reinstallation.

I use a cleaning/optimization software for Windows to do the clean-up on regular basis/abt once a month or if I make any larger/important software changes. It cleans out leftovers and keeps my PC snappy, and it does not change my audio optimization changes (like not allowing PC to go to sleep, no power management on USB/network cards/ports, CPU priorities etc.) (it need some config to do this good). As you want to reduce the number of app’s I don’t go into details. Let me know if it’s of interest, I can describe what I do. 

Hope I didn’t get to far from your intention with your post…
//Per

• Upvote 1

On 11/26/2022 at 3:10 AM, narramor said:

I'm trying to reduce the number of unused apps not add more.  What is the consensus of the forum - do the Line 6 uninstallers work or not?

The fact you have a list of legacy L6 drivers stacked in system (even if not used), it's already an answer. :)

• Upvote 2