Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX looper assign footswitch - lack of ERASE option

artuur

Hello,

is there any chance, that option to assign 'Erase' option from looper to one of the footswitches? I am using 2 fs setup so I have separate fs to Record/Play/Overdub/Play behaviour and other for Stop (important during live gigs). I used to use MIDI trick to get the result prior update, that has introduced option to assign looper actions from the device itself. However it still not fully suits my needs, as atm the erase action is triggered by hold of main Record/Play footswitch, so once I need to erase the loop mid song I need to turn volume down so the first second is not being played before being erased. And it is pretty annoying ;)

I wish I could simply assign this behavior to current Stop footswitch, so it would stop the loop on press and erase it on hold (w/o playing it for this damn second before hold funcion enters). I tried with 'Undo' option, but it seems to work only on overdubs...

1294239003_hxloop.png.45dbeafa05ba7f26cbc03abb4ce3b0db.png

So, to sum up:

a) Dear Line6 please let me assign this erase function, please, please, please

b) if anyone knows if there's any way to obtain such functionality - I'd really appreciate.

Greetings to whole Line6 community :)

I see what you mean, I guess that option could be useful.

Maybe I'm missing a specific requirement but I think I have a complete workaround: Use the 6-button looper & set one footswitch to Rec/OD and another to Play/Pause (or Play/Stop - if you prefer to restart at the start of the loop as I do). When stopped, pressing Rec/OD will just start a new loop. I don't think you need any other functionality do you? 

• 2 weeks later...

I keep reading requests like that, but you dont need any extra function.

Just set a FS to work as press/release and set "Stop to press" and "Stop to release". Pressing that once will erase the loop. (commands/looper)

Using dedicated commands you can setup a full featured looper, still I see people complaining. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks for replies!

I tried your suggested setup but it is completely not working for me. When I set Command Center>HX looper FS to press/release and then set Stop on both press and release it still works only as Stop without erasing a loop. When I record a loop and then stop it with this FS the loop is still saved and pressing footswitch assigned for looper it starts playing it. So either I do something wrong or it still does not bring my desired functionality.

Depending on the song I sometimes use looped part once, but sometimes I need to play it again in different part of composition, so the control when do I want to erase the loop would be a huge improvement.

ATM it seems I must stick to workaround with vol pedal set up after the looper so I can mute for the moment I want to erase the loop but it is not perfect solution :(

On 1/23/2023 at 12:11 PM, artuur said:

Thanks for replies!

I tried your suggested setup but it is completely not working for me. When I set Command Center>HX looper FS to press/release and then set Stop on both press and release it still works only as Stop without erasing a loop. When I record a loop and then stop it with this FS the loop is still saved and pressing footswitch assigned for looper it starts playing it. So either I do something wrong or it still does not bring my desired functionality.

Depending on the song I sometimes use looped part once, but sometimes I need to play it again in different part of composition, so the control when do I want to erase the loop would be a huge improvement.

ATM it seems I must stick to workaround with vol pedal set up after the looper so I can mute for the moment I want to erase the loop but it is not perfect solution :(

Yep. I just noticed doesnt work anymore, and Im sure it was as I have a midi mapping on a controller which was working perfectly with those commands, but now it doesnt. Probably something changed (bug?) on latest firmwares.