Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

More than 3 years since last firmware / update for the PC 212+

Borgelin79

Hi,

curious as to why there haven't been any updates to this product in so long?

Same goes for the edit-software. No improvements / bug-fixes.

Makes me worried Line 6 has abandoned it, and I really hope I'm wrong as this is not exactly a cheap product.

AFAICT you are correct, L6 has abandoned the Powercab line. Many of us who hang out on TGP in the D&M Forum periodically attempt to rattle their cage about it and have been doing so for the past two years. While support for Helix over there is excellent, with a number of L6 folks contributing regularly, no one will even admit that the Powercab line ever existed beyond saying "Not my job!" Please join us and add your voice to the resistance. It may in fact be hopeless, but I for one refuse to go quietly into the night! They don't OWE us improvements, but they DO owe us bug fixes!

• Upvote 1

On 12/4/2022 at 1:09 AM, PierM said:

Be aware, Catalyst owners... ;)

Fortunately, I have neither expectation of nor need for improvements, it works as advertised.

For those who have such expectations/needs, yeah, be warned!

Greetings, 

I just want to share that I have gotten THE BEST PC 112 Plus tones I have ever gotten by using 4 (four) new Impulse Responses from Sonic DNA. They are mono 48K, 200ms so compatible with the PC +. I've tried other IR's (by Cel, OH, Yrk, etc.) and these SDNA IR's are clearly much better for the PC + -IMHO. They're relatively cheap too so try one or two and you may thank me later.     

Cheers! 

OG

https://sonic-dna.com/shop/ols/search?keywords=powercab&sortOption=descend_by_match

On 12/18/2022 at 12:23 PM, amsdenj said:

I find using Powercab in Flat mode, using the LF RAW voicing with no cab model in Helix works very well. It eliminates the mic that’s in IRs and EQ in the speaker models to give a more natural, amp in the room sound. 

Are you bypassing cabs and mics in the Helix?

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2022 at 8:34 AM, rd2rk said:

AFAICT you are correct, L6 has abandoned the Powercab line. Many of us who hang out on TGP in the D&M Forum periodically attempt to rattle their cage about it and have been doing so for the past two years. While support for Helix over there is excellent, with a number of L6 folks contributing regularly, no one will even admit that the Powercab line ever existed beyond saying "Not my job!" Please join us and add your voice to the resistance. It may in fact be hopeless, but I for one refuse to go quietly into the night! They don't OWE us improvements, but they DO owe us bug fixes!

Well, that's truly a shame. I love my PC 212+, and I expect Line 6 to show some proper customer service and let us know what's going on.

This is the latest word (posted on The Gear Page):

• There is an internal confluence page with specific things to be addressed and from what I understand, nearly all the feedback came from CS tickets, as well as this subforum. Not sure when we'll get to it (we have a LOT of irons in the fire right now), and legally I probably have to say "IF we get to it," but I've been assured that the right people are well informed and looking at things.

Eric Klein, Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group / Line 6 / Ampeg

Too slow pace, sloppy care for non-helix products.

At this pace Hotone Audio will be the new L6 in few years. Their products, their energy and pace (and the capacity to really listen the userbase), reminds me of the Line 6 golder era.

On 2/1/2023 at 10:25 PM, PaulTBaker said:

I see what you are saying, however, I keep thinking of this great floor board I bought several years ago because I loved what it did then.... and then I find out the company put out FREE updates... and keeps on doing that!!!!

To me that is awesome.

oh yeah, nothing to complain about Helix family. But almost everything else is being released and abandoned. This is Yamaha I know... :)

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2023 at 7:16 AM, john-callahan said:

Is anyone having bug issues with Powercabs? Mine has been working as advertised. I do only use it with AES connection to my Helix.

When controlling the PC212+ from presets over L6 Link it's randomly undependable.

The randomness is likely the reason that support has trouble duplicating the issue.

On 3/3/2023 at 3:16 PM, john-callahan said:

Is anyone having bug issues with Powercabs? Mine has been working as advertised. I do only use it with AES connection to my Helix.

When I had the Floor and then Rack, I stopped using my two PC+112 via Link due random un-links at the boot of one of the two Powercabs (typically the last).

That really looked like a bug to me as never happened with my old L2Ts.

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2023 at 3:23 PM, PierM said:

When I had the Floor and then Rack, I stopped using my two PC+112 via Link due random un-links at the boot of one of the two Powercabs (typically the last).

That really looked like a bug to me as never happened with my old L2Ts.

You mean this bug?