Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Stomp: can I add Simple Pitch to patch to tune guitar down 1/2 step?

MikeLesPaul2010

On 12/4/2022 at 1:49 PM, MikeLesPaul2010 said:

My friend has the full size Helix floor unit and he can add a Simple Pitch to his patch, switch the Interval to -1, and his guitar sounds tuned down 1/2 step.    I tried it just now on my Helix Stomp and the Interval setting will only go to 0 (not -1).  Does the Helix Stomp allow me to do this?  

They have the exact same blocks. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/4/2022 at 3:49 PM, MikeLesPaul2010 said:

My friend has the full size Helix floor unit and he can add a Simple Pitch to his patch, switch the Interval to -1, and his guitar sounds tuned down 1/2 step.    I tried it just now on my Helix Stomp and the Interval setting will only go to 0 (not -1).  Does the Helix Stomp allow me to do this?  

Remember that the simple pitch algorithm is monophonic. It'll work well for single lines, but won't sound as good on chords. For chords you should use the Poly Capo block, which sounds good but uses lots of DSP.

• Upvote 1

On 12/4/2022 at 8:49 PM, MikeLesPaul2010 said:

I tried it just now on my Helix Stomp and the Interval setting will only go to 0 (not -1).  Does the Helix Stomp allow me to do this?

Hi,

In any of the HX series of products the settings should be identical. The available harmony interval settings for the Simple Pitch block range from -24 semitones to +24 semitones.

If you are not able to select this anything within this range, you may have a glitch in your firmware. You could try a Factory Reset, and failing that, a re-install of the latest firmware. If you are trying to do this using HX Edit, then I also suggest that you ensure that you are using the correct version - the latest release on November 29th, is version 3.51.

Hope this helps/makes sense.