Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hx Stomp as audio interface recording streaming audio

Guido_59

Hello guys from Italy.

First excuse me for my English.

I can’t record any streaming audio from YouTube, web browser, SoundCloud, any player.

From the same source I playing and listen audio without any problem.

Hx stom is correctly recognised windows 10 and from app like Cubase LE, Reaper, Audacity, Foobar ecc

I have also Bitdefender installer.

Setting on Hx stomp seems ok and are the same that I Had on Helix LT.

On Audacity for example, I have set Asio and HX STOMP as play and recording device.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance and have a good music !

You wouldn't use an audio interface to record from an internet source because it's already a digital source which is what you need on your computer.  Typically you just download the digital file (.mpg) directly such as in the case of SoundCloud which provides that facility on their website.  The same thing applies to sources like YouTube, but you typically need to get separate utility to do that which there are a number of such things available all over the internet.

Thanks DunedinDragon.

You sai right , but I always do this. 

I always record streaming audio with the various audio interfacce I own, from on board , to external usb: Line6 UX2, Scarlett 2i2, RME Baby-face pro and with Helix LT.

Few month ago I sold Helix LT and taken Hx stomp , but I’have never try to record streaming audio .

I only must found right setting ,at least I hope

Upgrade !!!

I'm happy, I found final setting and it wors geat and record any audio streaming included youtube that is important for me 

In attachment you see Audacity setting while windows setting is with Hx Stomp as Playback and Recording device

Hope this should be helpful fo other

BYE

Audacity Helix Setting.jpg