Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hx Stomp as Frippertronic emulation:is madness?

Guido_59

Hello from Italy.

I like effect like Robert Fripp and his Frippertronic.

I haven’t found much info about how to on Hx Stomp.

Here only this thread 

but is for Pod Go and there’s no link to any preset.

can you give me some suggest?

With Looper block is possible?

Should be a madness using send return for return signal out from a one ( or many delay) to its input connecting related fisica in/out to make a looper?

Like this Frippertronic schematic

image.png.01342023245892009267852143379fe7.png

Thanks in advance for your help and have a good music!

Yes it is totally possible with the looper, and very easy to do; just set the overdub level to be around  -3dB (or more), so you'll get old material fading away while adding new material (overdub decay) like happens with the two tapes technique (frippertronics).

Said that, the original concept was that Delay Time was the result of the distance between Record Head and Playback Head, so a more realistic tape frippertronics would be achieved with a standard mono Delay block, set in the 4~8 seconds range, and using the Feedback parameter to simulate the natural sound on sound decay. Trail better if set to on.

You can then add some filter at subtle levels, like Retro Reel, to give the tone the proper tape'ish sound.

Works great with both methods.

• Upvote 1

Hello PierM

Man you are Italian too ! Very happy to Meet you hehe,

Thanks for suggest . I have doubt cause looper doesn’t have a adjustable delay time inside to trim and simulate 2 tape recorder delay.

I’ll dry what you suggest . 
I think to try various delay , first tape echo o Binson emulator, depends its delay time.

Delay feedback setting is better setting to high % over 50 or it depends from desired result ?
I hai think to use sene return Block and its physical connection to reconnect out of a delay to its input, as I ask in otterrai thread, but this maybenit’s a too crazy idea and maybe it’s not possibile .
Are you Aldo on FB group or italian forum ?

Bye , Thanks you and tilt you next time.

Well, using the looper you just set the loop time by ending the recording. All the overdub will still fill that same cycle time.

So, if you need a 7 seconds delay time, you tap Rec, count 7, then press again. Then start overdubbing, will always cycle 7 seconds.

Im not Aldo. Im PierM everywhere I go. :) o/

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 4:22 PM, PierM said:

Well, using the looper you just set the loop time by pressing stopping the recording. All the overdub will still fill that same cycle time.

So, if you need a 7 seconds delay time, you tap Rec, count 7, then press again. Then start overdubbing, will always cycle 7 seconds.

Im not Aldo. Im PierM everywhere I go. :) o/

Damn !!! I don't know why corrector write Aldo , excuse me was a mistake. Now I understand setting , in week end I try sure.

Thanks