Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Effects doesn't spill over in snapshot mode - HX LT

ChaserHUN

So the delay recently started to bother me switching between presets...I discovered how snapshots work. I have presets on the upper row snapshots on the lower buttons.

But in the videos I watch and for example they have a delay on and switch to a sound that doesnt have delay the delay effect still spills over to the next snapshot, but when I switch snapshots it cuts of instantly. What am I missing? Probably just a configuration error. It's Helix LT.

Thanks!

On 12/10/2022 at 11:59 AM, RRMark said:

Delays and reverb have a setting: Trails on/off which switches this.

Ahh, thanks! Never knew what that actually did :'D

One more question though. I'm in preset/snapshot mode. But if I press the banks buttons it deosn switch between presets it jumps through of each snapshot within one preset than jumps to another preset. Before it was like bottom row 01 a b c d top row 02 a b c d and the banks switched to the next one 03 a b c d 04 a b c d etc. Is there a way to do this in the preset/snapshot mode so that it goes to the next 4 group of presets?

On 12/10/2022 at 5:59 AM, RRMark said:

Delays and reverb have a setting: Trails on/off which switches this.

I found that some delays still don't spill over.  I think because the feedback is 0%, it doesn't spill over.... Like if I need a single repeat on the left, then a repeat on the right, if the feedback is at 0%, it does not spill over. 

On 12/10/2022 at 11:29 AM, theElevators said:

I found that some delays still don't spill over.  I think because the feedback is 0%, it doesn't spill over.... Like if I need a single repeat on the left, then a repeat on the right, if the feedback is at 0%, it does not spill over. 

That’s interesting. I wonder if a long delay with 0% feedback and trails off will even sound the original and only repeat if you turn the delay block off before the specified delay time? In other words if you set the delay time to max and then turn off the delay FX after striking a note and before the delay time is reached, will you hear the delay at all? Just curious.

My solution to your problem is this. For example, say I have a reverb, delay rich sound on path 1 and distorted dry on path 2. Normally I would set the output level on snapshots so it turns one up and the other down as I switch paths using snapshots. But if I do this, when I go to distorted the output volume on path 1  goes to zero and the delay/reverb cuts off. The solution is to leave path 1's volume up all of the time, and put a gain block right after path 1's input. I set the gain block's volume up in snapshots so it's full when on path 1 is switched, but when I switch to path 2 the gain block after path 1's input is turned down but the output volume for path 1 is still up so the delay/reverb trails still come out but no more of input 1. Hope this helps and makes sense. 

On 12/10/2022 at 12:18 PM, silverhead said:

That’s interesting. I wonder if a long delay with 0% feedback and trails off will even sound the original and only repeat if you turn the delay block off before the specified delay time? In other words if you set the delay time to max and then turn off the delay FX after striking a note and before the delay time is reached, will you hear the delay at all? Just curious.

I wanted to satisfy my cdo (I prefer alphabetical order) so I tested this. The result: Trails OFF and Feedback = 0% results in no repeat at all when you set a long delay time and turn the FX OFF after striking the note and before the delay time is reached. You'll sleep well tonight knowing this!

• Haha 1