Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Question About Solo-100 Model...?

mountain2012

From the HD Model Guide:

Solo Clean:

This model of the Normal channel switched to Clean provides the most headroom and a variety of warm to shimmery clean tones.

Solo Crunch:

Here we’ve modeled the Normal channel switched to Crunch, which is superb for a range of distorted textures from polite to aggressive.

Solo Overdrive:

A model of the Overdrive channel with some seriously tight bottom chunk to liquid, screaming lead capabilities.

So the channel switch is labeled bright/normal while the separate channel preamp and master volumes are labeled overdrive and bright?

Do you see why I'm confused?

So should I assume the bright channel setting on the switch is the overdrive channel?

Unless the only way to switch channels is a footswitch and the bright/normal is just for EQ...

http://www.audiotek.cz/produktyGTA/soldano/SLO100_p1.pdf

Regardless of the naming....... how do the models sound? Are you able to get a satisfying tone from any of them?

The Soldano models are some of my favorites. It has a natural EQ that works well with both single coils and humbuckers.

By the way when Mike Saldano first set up his shop in Hollywood we were talking one day and he suggested I bring my Mesa boogie Mark IV head down to his shop so we could compare it to his amp. We were both surprised to hear that the tones were extremely similar. In other words any sound I could get on the mark IV he could also get on his amp and vice versa.

good for you that you know Michael Soldano personally ..interesting the comparison with the mesa mark IV, thanks for the info..

Well, I never said we are pals. He was brand new on the scene then, just him in his little shop off Sunset blvd. But he was very friendly and interested. Realistically he probably wanted to sell me an amp!

Actually, I think it was a mark 3 that I had in '87 when we did the comparison. I got the mark 4 later.