Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ordering the presets

Dwf2008

One of the things that bothers me about the Helix is that usually you go DOWN a list when you are scrolling thru a page . But on the Helix you  have to scroll up. IE the lower numbered presets appear at the bottom of the display (on the floor unit) rather than at the top. This is minor I know but it seems backwards to me. Does anyone know of a way to reverse this so that you would hit the BANK down to get to the next set of presets?

Thanks

• Confused 1

Thank you rd2rk. The edit you suggested swaps the position of the two bank buttons. This not what I wanted. What I want is for preset 000 to appear in the upper left position in the display and preset 004 to appear under it so that you read down the page instead of up the page.

Do you know of a way to accomplish this?

• Confused 1

On 12/15/2022 at 7:37 PM, Dwf2008 said:

This not what I wanted. What I want is for preset 000 to appear in the upper left position in the display and preset 004 to appear under it so that you read down the page instead of up the page.

I’m with @rd2rk on this one - what display are you referring to?

On 12/15/2022 at 5:19 PM, rd2rk said:

I don't understand. What display mode are you talking about?

Helix floor, there are 8 preset buttons in 2 rows of 4. Each button has a scribble strip that shows the preset name and index number. By default the presets are presented in this order:

004.   005.     006.     007

000.    001.     002.     003

I want them to read like this:

000.   001.   002.   003

004.   005.   006.   007

and when I press the bank down button I would get

008.   009.   010.   011

012.   013.   014.   015

Please ignore the periods. The ipad seems to add them automatically. Sorry if I wasn’t clear the first time. I hope this clarifies things.

What you are trying for is not available anywhere that I can see. At least not according to the current manual. I'm not sure exactly why you want this but one half a$$ed solution might be in Global to make the top row Snapshots or Stomp and the bottom row presets. Do this in GLOBAL SETTINGS/FOOTSWITCHES area and in the PRESET MODE category make it either STOMP/PRESET or SNAP/PRESET. So at least the bottom row would be forced to have what I think you might want. 1/2 way anyway.

I get what he is saying, the button layout starts on the top row FS 1 to FS 12 (bottom right corner).  Wants the presets to be displayed that way as well.  000 in the upper left, and 007 in the botttom right.  

To my knowledge there is not a way to do this.  Logically from a reading perspective I get it.    From a L6 perspective I get it too.  You are going 'up' in preset number so directionally 'up' makes sense.  

On 12/15/2022 at 11:46 PM, Dwf2008 said:

By default the presets are presented in this order:

004.   005.     006.     007

000.    001.     002.     003

I want them to read like this:

000.   001.   002.   003

004.   005.   006.   007

I liken that to the layout view... 

Helix (and almost every other modeler/multi-fx) display a layout from (input) left > right (output)

Look down at a traditional pedalboard and it's almost always built (output) left < right (input)

Does it matter? Certainly not to me. 

• Upvote 1