Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression Pedal - Auto Engage feature/bug still happening

themetallikid

So I pulled up my setlist for my show tomorrow, started playing away along with Spotify to the songs, and I got to a song where there is a wah.  On this song I have a few other blocks bypass settings attached to the auto engage settings as well.  I always use the same settings (toe down = off, engage at 98%).  I believe I got through 4 presets that use this feature, before giving up.

Preset 1 - Wah did not engage, OD did engage, EQ did engage, Delay did not engage sub 98%.  When returning to 100% toe down (should be off) the OD/EQ shut off, however the Wah and Delay no engaged...killing my rhythm tone, unless I reloaded the preset (not ideal of course)

Preset 2 - Same result as preset 1

Preset 3 - Same result as  preset 1, however the blocks varied.  OD did not engage but the delay did and then vice versa when the pedal was toe down.  

Preset 4 - Worked exactly as it should

When I check the settings for those blocks on that presets that aren't working, it has defaulted back to the 'heel down' setting as being off.  I can save the preset, exit and return to the preset and it works fine.  Till maybe the next time.  

I just used these presets the day before Thanksgiving, 11/23, and I have not made any changes to them since then.  

With that said....

1) I thought this bug was squashed with the 3.5 update? no?

2)  If I change all those bypass settings to be attached to the EXP Switch instead of auto engage will that solve my problems? Instead of auto engage I just need to step on switch?

3) Has anyone else had this issue and contacted L6 about it and gotten a response?  I know there is one member that refuses to update until this bug is there as it wrecks his performances, and It would greatly dampen mine as well if I stuck with this.  

This sucks. That’s why I’m on 3.11.

This auto bypass bug is a mess. The bug for me was actually from HX edit on a Mac—making a change to one preset messes up other presets with their bypass settings. So try restoring from the backup—it should work ok. Or downgrade to 3.11. 

Line 6 software has great features, but terrible QA. So I never use the latest firmware, unless I run it through its paces for a month or so. 

This would happen occasionally when I was playing at home but was usually rectified by resetting that setting.  And it was one preset, not every one essentially.  

I'll just reprogram my auto engage to be the switch and it should be fine.  But seems it is a mess to resolve if they havent squashed it yet.

• Upvote 1

On 12/16/2022 at 6:27 PM, themetallikid said:

This would happen occasionally when I was playing at home but was usually rectified by resetting that setting.  And it was one preset, not every one essentially.  

I'll just reprogram my auto engage to be the switch and it should be fine.  But seems it is a mess to resolve if they havent squashed it yet.

Yeah, this is exactly what I do. But it really is starting to get annoying. After every update this happens, but then tends to go away. Very odd.