Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Not Possible To Use I/o's Of L3m While L6 Link Plugged In?

More specific to my needs, is it not possible to simply plug

an XLR cable from a separate powered speaker to the out jacks of the L3M while connected through L6 Link.

A more broad question would be, is the speaker just not able to use other I/O jacks while L6 Link is being used?

The Mix Out always carries all input signals and all inputs work simultaneously. So- yes it is possible and yes the speaker is able to use other I/O while L6 Link is being used.

Is the "Mix Out (All Inputs)" an amplified signal?

Basically with the whole system (2 L3M's and 2 L3S's) running through L6 Link I then wanted to plug a single passive monitor into the "Mix Out" with an XLR plug. After plugging it in I was met with absolutely no sound coming through the monitor (not even a whisper with my ear as close as could be). Unless I'm missing something there is no sound coming through the "Mix Out" plug to my monitor.

Keep in mind that I am very aware of the 4 monitor outputs on the StageScape but our group uses the Aviom system and we have no need for those. Using those provided outputs would still not solve the problem of the signal not being amplified through the passive monitor.