Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Stomp and amp line out

Feidias

Hallo everyone,

i am a very happy line 6 hx stomp user. I recently bought an Engl Fireball 25 und want to implement it in my homerecording setup(it has a built in powersoak and a line out). When i go guitar-amp input, amp lineout- helix input, everything seems to work fine. I want to be able to record the di from helix so it would be perfect if i could go direct in Helix. I tried Guitar input-helix input,helix send- amp in, amp line out- helix return. There is a terrible peeping noise when i do so, i cannot turn the aml loud. The classical 4cm wouldnt benefit me because i want to use also the power amp in the recording. I would be grateful for every information. Happy Holidays to everyone and stay safe

Cheers Feidias

If you can find one: Countryman 85.  A little pricey, but it will last forever. 

Guitar>Countryman 85 DI>HX Stomp. 

XLR out on the DI to a mic input of your interface.  Preferably your interface has 48v phantom power, so you wont need a battery in the Countryman. 

On 12/27/2022 at 3:56 AM, Feidias said:

I tried Guitar input-helix input,helix send- amp in, amp line out- helix return. There is a terrible peeping noise when i do so, i cannot turn the amp loud.

Check the settings for the Loop in the global settings. If they are set to LINE, change it to INSTRUMENT.