Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 POD HD Pro X Guitar Effects Rack Processor

jgillilan

On 12/29/2022 at 2:22 PM, jgillilan said:

I guess they are still in stock and nobody is buying them.

You guessed wrong.  

I haven't checked recent sales figures (post CoVid and post small Helix release), but they were quite popular up until nationwide house arrest. 

It was only recently that they were moved to the legacy section. 

In May 2022, here's what L6 said: 

Q: Is POD HD 500X / HD Pro X still manufactured?

No, it is no longer manufactured as of 12/1/2021. 

To me, knowing shipping times, and the delays at the ports... it wouldn't surprise me that there are still new ones sitting on boats. 

I don't want to put words into anyone's mouth, but when Phil said it has been discontinued for years.... 

I am going to assume he was referring to the lack of new firmware, which we have all assumed meant the unit was unofficially dead. 

On 12/29/2022 at 5:08 PM, pianoguyy said:

You guessed wrong.  

I haven't checked recent sales figures (post CoVid and post small Helix release), but they were quite popular up until nationwide house arrest. 

To me, knowing shipping times, and the delays at the ports... it wouldn't surprise me that there are still new ones sitting on boats. 

I don't want to put words into anyone's mouth, but when Phil said it has been discontinued for years.... 

I am going to assume he was referring to the lack of new firmware, which we have all assumed meant the unit was unofficially dead. 

Honestly haven’t been paying that much attention to the HD series stuff since the Helix was released, but I assumed the HD X series was discontinued back when the POD Go was released.

I do see now that you can still buy the HD Pro X new from some retailers. So it will still have a full warranty in that case.

I had a POD XT Pro and they stop making drivers for it. So now I am wondering when they will stop updating the drivers for this product?

On 12/29/2022 at 6:08 PM, pianoguyy said:

You guessed wrong.  

On 12/30/2022 at 2:49 PM, jgillilan said:

Now I am wondering how before they stop updating drivers for this product

You could create a dedicated partition on your PC with an operating system installed that only serves as a basis for audio work with all the necessary drivers and softwares (and nothing else) installed and working, and that never needs to be updated.

With a well-configured dual boot in the PC, it would be possible to easily switch from an operating system that is necessarily always updated and secure for all internet operations to another dedicated only to audio and that actually never needs updates since it already works perfectly for what it serves.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

On 12/30/2022 at 7:49 AM, jgillilan said:

In this case I love it when I guessed wrong. I had a POD Pro XT and they stopped making drivers for it. Now I am wondering how before they stop updating drivers for this product.

The XT drivers still work through Windows 11, I believe. I just don’t think they updated for the Apple Silicon chips. The XT is a 20 year old product at this point, so I don’t know. Historically, Line 6 has been pretty good at updating drivers. Editors usually have a shorter support cycle, though. One thing to consider is the HD series was originally released in 2010, so it’s already pretty long in the tooth as far as digital gear goes (I realize the HD X series was released later, but it’s still a continuation of the original HD stuff).

• 10 months later...
On 12/30/2022 at 5:27 PM, hurghanico said:

You could create a dedicated partition on your PC with an operating system installed that only serves as a basis for audio work with all the necessary drivers and softwares (and nothing else) installed and working, and that never needs to be updated.

With a well-configured dual boot in the PC, it would be possible to easily switch from an operating system that is necessarily always updated and secure for all internet operations to another dedicated only to audio and that actually never needs updates since it already works perfectly for what it serves.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

But the problems is rising when you tryin to use pod for recording
For example on last ver. of Logicx. it's working uhhh quiet unstable?