Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is There a Way to Disable the Helix Floor USB Audio Interface??

RealDavid40

I am using an Apollo SOLO as my audio interface to my computer and I would like to disable the audio interface in the Helix Floor because I prefer using the SOLO interface. Since these are both ASIO based interfaces you can only use one at a time. When I plug in the HELIX USB cable it takes over and disables the SOLO interface. Is there a way to disable the Helix interface so I can continue to leave the USB plugged in and use the Helix Edit software, and use my SOLO interface for the audio?

Thank You

On 1/12/2023 at 3:34 PM, silverhead said:

In your computer’s audio (or DAW) settings select the Apollo device rather than the Helix as your audio interface.

Under macOS (and I think it was sort of similar back in my Windows days), you have to have both connected at least once to define one as the default interface. You can of course change things later on, but at least macOS will only accept one "true" default interface in case you really told it to "upvote" one of them while "downvoting" the other. Quite stupid btw, there should be a checkbox so you never run into this at all (at least Logic is asking you and you can check a "never ask again" box).

This one caught my eye,as I recently moved to my first paid DAW in 16 years(Studio One 6 Pro),and from the get-go have been having severe audio distortion on playback,even with the simplest single stereo audio track with no plugins,with the Helix as my USB interface.It works fine with my other DAW(SONAR) and Wavelab,and Studio One works without issue using my Focusrite USB Interface.So some sort of interworking issue between Helix ASIO and Studio One.

PreSonus support sent me straight to Line6 without any attempt to investigate,so while I'm on my fifth day of waiting for Line6 Support to look at the ticket,I may try the above suggestion as a workaround.

On 1/13/2023 at 5:31 AM, cumminsn said:

This one caught my eye,as I recently moved to my first paid DAW in 16 years(Studio One 6 Pro),and from the get-go have been having severe audio distortion on playback,even with the simplest single stereo audio track with no plugins,with the Helix as my USB interface.It works fine with my other DAW(SONAR) and Wavelab,and Studio One works without issue using my Focusrite USB Interface.So some sort of interworking issue between Helix ASIO and Studio One.

PreSonus support sent me straight to Line6 without any attempt to investigate,so while I'm on my fifth day of waiting for Line6 Support to look at the ticket,I may try the above suggestion as a workaround.

I've had similar issues in Studio One with the Helix (versions 4 & 5). I ended up using Asio4all whcih allows me to use my Focusrite Scarlett for playback but also record form the Helix simultaneously. Its not the cleanest thing but works well enough.  I only find I have to re-assign lanes once in a while in "song setup". 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m facing a similar issue, but unfortunately on iOS there is NO workaround that I can find. Either Apple or Line 6 should man-up and let us select if the audio interface is active or not! A simple menu item to turn off the interface, just like we can with MIDI would be fantastic. As it is now, I will have to buy a bunch of adapters to use MIDI via DIN cable so I can leave the USB cable unplugged. Lame