Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Pod Go setup sounds bad. Searching for Solution.

de48g

I have a problem concerning the Tone I am getting from my Setup right now.

It looks like this:

PC connected via USB to my Pod Go and then going via XLR into my Adam tv5 active nearfield monitors. For Guitars I´m mainly using Humbucker PUs. I bought custom presets, which should be instantly ready for use.

My problem is the overall sound I´m getting from this. No matter if I use the custom presets or the Line 6 Presets, the sound is really awful. I was expecting to get a way better sound than what I´m getting right now. It sounds really metallic, sharp. Simply painful. Maybe i did some wrong adjustements on the Pod Go, or do I have to play with all the preset settings in order to fix this? When I´m simply listening to music via my nearfield monitors the sound ist awesome.

Hope there is someone out there who could help me!

Thanks for the answer. Is there something i could do in the global settings of the Pod Go? Or do you mean I have to experiment with the Pod Go Edit Software to adjust the tone?

Because the things i can do with my nearfield monitors is the adjustement of the Input sensitivity and high and low shelf eq. Tried around with those, but it didn´t make such a difference concerning the tone quality.

If your monitors and your Go are connected to your PC you can output the sound of your Pod Go via the PC to your Monitors; using DAW; Audacity, Garageband or something of the such.  Have you tried this?   Does it sound the same?

Does it sound anything like this or not?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V6-nCYt88A

You could also try to use headphone out with adapter to Adams using unbalanced, see if it does a difference..