Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Constant HX Edit "Failed to get present names" code -8212 or code -4 errors make this platform unusable. Mac OS 12.6.2 Monterey and v 3.51

johnwnyc

Can someone help me before I throw in the towel in this platform?

I am in a vicious cycle of getting dreaded "Failed to get present names" errors. To fix the issue I'll reset my HX Stomp XL, rebuild presets, etc. The usual. Only to have the error reoccur.

I've spent many hours on this thing. Just want to play my guitar and get some recording done. Each time I have this running a few hours later I'll run into the same issue. I've tried different presets. Even switching out cables out of voodoo. To no avail.

Are others suffering through this? Remind me how do people trust this thing on stage?

I have a pretty vanilla system. A mostly stock OS build with UAD software for my interface, Logic Pro, and Mac OS with automatic OS updates.

I'm on:

Mac OS 12.6.2

HX Edit v 3.5.1

HX Stomp XL with firmware 3.50

Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 4.02.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 4.02.30 PM.png

On 1/14/2023 at 9:09 PM, johnwnyc said:

Are others suffering through this?

Remind me how do people trust this thing on stage?

Hi,

First point - yes it’s not unknown.

Second point - I’m not going to remind you, only to say lots of people do gig without issue. Maybe you are charged up with to much negative energy!

Anyhow, here’s a copy and paste from way back last year (because life is to short to keep typing the same reply).

Hi,

This occurrence has appeared a few times in this forum, and the best guess seems to be a corrupt preset.

In the “Search” option on the top of the main page type “8212” and hit return to see how many instances pop up!

Here’s one from 2019:- 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Oh, also note - it seems that this is likely to keep happening until you find the corrupt preset - just remember the HX Stomp XL is a computer much like your Mac.

Sh!t happens, files can become damaged even in the best maintained system - Fail Safe - always work on a copy, always have a backup plan. You do have a backup, don’t you?