Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix floor vs LT

snifflestink

Not to worry, and even if you could tell by S/N (I don't think so), they're not going to fix it if it's not broken.

If you bought it new it should not be a problem, the issue was resolved a long time ago.

If you bought it used or it was sitting in store stock for a VERY long time, it might be from before they resolved the issue.

In either case, if it breaks it's covered by warranty, even if purchased used.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have an LT from 3 years ago, and it's held up better than a Floor that I also own! In terms of the expression pedal, it developed a loud squeak after about a year of me owning it.  After using graphite spray, it's been quiet ever since.

One more thing is I don't use the toe switch at all, as all of my presets are using EXP 2.  I think switching from EXP 1 to EXP 2 with the toe switch may put an unnecessary strain on the entire construction of the pedal, it can be quite tough and for me the entire Helix tilts when I tied to press that toe switch in.  So maybe all the early reported breakages were also partly due to people stepping onto the toe switch with the weight of their entire body. 

I made all of my presets work where certain effects are auto-engaged when I start rocking the pedal, or they are simply enabled/disabled in specific snapshots.  Another advantage for using EXP 2 exclusively is that you can connect an external expression pedal and it will seamlessly work with all of the presets as external expression pedals are always and only EXP 2. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2023 at 8:53 PM, theElevators said:

I think switching from EXP 1 to EXP 2 with the toe switch may put an unnecessary strain on the entire construction of the pedal

My fix for this was very carefully shaving equal amounts off of the two toe-most rubber bumpers under the expression pedal.  worked very well, but then a few days later i learned of Helix's ability to auto-engage based on parameter based on the pedal's position.