Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 Updater not running

I'm trying to update the HD Pro Edit software.  Once the software is downloaded vie Monkey, it is supposed to launch the updater, which it is not.  

POD HD Pro edit is on my D drive. 

Can't find where Monkey is installed. Should also be on the D drive, in the Line6 folder, but I'm not seeing it.

Is there a specific file path that Monkey needs to launch the updater?

Thanks for any help.

This is kind of a confusing post... Monkey is the updater for the HD Pro. I'm confused as to whether you're actually able to run Monkey or not, because in your second sentence you talk about downloading the software via Monkey, but then later on you say you can't find Monkey...

But the long and short of it is - just run Monkey. It will guide you through everything you need to do.

Line6 Updater is separate from Monkey.  You run Mokey to start the process, then Monkey is supposed to launch Updater to finish the process.  But the file path is broken somehow.  All it does is take me to the website to download the updater.

https://line6.com/software/?releases_id=8560&utm_medium=monkey&utm_source=download

Updater is on the right.  It won't run via Monkey.  If I try to run it standalone, no device is found.

On 1/19/2023 at 11:32 PM, Squirrely said:

Line6 Updater is separate from Monkey.  You run Mokey to start the process, then Monkey is supposed to launch Updater to finish the process.  …

Yes, Updater and Monkey are separate programs. But (afaik) Monkey does not call on Updater to finish. Monkey should install the firmware itself. Updater replaced Monkey for future products at some time in the past, but they never worked together.

Please describe exactly what happens, including screenshots if possible, when you run Monkey. At what point does the update process fail, and why do you think it’s trying to call on Updater?