Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Query: Bass Amp Models For Hd 500?

user-1775361

My apologies if this question has been asked already, but a search turned up nothing, so here goes.  Why is it not possible (as it appears to be by looking through the available products in software, etc) to get the bass amp models, etc, from the bass pods from LIne 6 onto the HD 500?  Are the parameters different?

Regards and Thanks in Advance

Joyce

there is a bass amp in there... the older models are lower quality and they would sound like it if you put it next to the other HD models...

the HD models are all newly created with a higher quality process than the older pods.

Thanks RealZap, but that's my point - there's only one bass amp in there, and a couple other guitar amps that might serve well as bass amps if you're looking for some vintage make-your-bellbottoms move-sounds.  There are tons of bass amps on the market now, as well as different types of speakers and magnets, and all of them have very characteristic sounds--same as with guitar amps.  Since Line6 appear to produce the cadillacs of modellers, one would think they would provide more bass choices, or have a new bass modeller out 

Gee, where I believe that releasing a new version of the HD's would be a mistake for Line 6 a Bass version would not be.

In the past they have had several specialized Bass PODs and a HD version would not be mistake for a new product line.

Of course, I agree with you and would like to see some more Bass modelling in the current HD models.

Perhaps a bass specialized HD version would not be such a crime especially if if current HD models got a little taste

of the new model included as an update or purchasable bass pack. GREAT IDEA!

• Upvote 1

not disagreeing... i'd love more models. I have no idea what if anything is in the works now.

Thanks RealZap, but that's my point - there's only one bass amp in there, and a couple other guitar amps that might serve well as bass amps if you're looking for some vintage make-your-bellbottoms move-sounds.  There are tons of bass amps on the market now, as well as different types of speakers and magnets, and all of them have very characteristic sounds--same as with guitar amps.  Since Line6 appear to produce the cadillacs of modellers, one would think they would provide more bass choices, or have a new bass modeller out 

It would appear to me like Line 6 is only interested in making the guitar players happy, and neglects the bass player market quite a bit.

Guitar port with it’s' guitar port online feature is a prime example. What's that.. You say not so? Anyone ever remember seeing bass guitar tabs? I surely don't!

I'd like to see the selection and options found in the basspod pro models in the new models "HD" that replaced them.

Line 6 doesn't need to produce fairy tales and stories to pacify anyone, just come out and say you either are or you don't plan on doing it!

Gee, where I believe that releasing a new version of the HD's would be a mistake for Line 6 a Bass version would not be.

In the past they have had several specialized Bass PODs and a HD version would not be mistake for a new product line.

Of course, I agree with you and would like to see some more Bass modelling in the current HD models.

Perhaps a bass specialized HD version would not be such a crime especially if if current HD models got a little taste

of the new model included as an update or purchasable bass pack. GREAT IDEA!

It would appear to me like Line 6 is only interested in making the guitar players happy, and neglects the bass player market quite a bit.

Guitar port with it’s' guitar port online feature is a prime example. What's that.. You say not so? Anyone ever remember seeing bass guitar tabs? I surely don't!

I'd like to see the selection and options found in the basspod pro models in the new models "HD" that replaced them.

Line 6 doesn't need to produce fairy tales and stories to pacify anyone, just come out and say you either are or you don't plan on doing it!

I agree with both of these posts.  LINE 6 ARE YOU LISTENING?  Is it possible to come up with some bass amp models and bass amp effects models, so that I can load them into my POD HD 500.  Why develop a separate pedal - the hardware exists, so just design the software that fits it.

I agree with both of these posts.  LINE 6 ARE YOU LISTENING?  Is it possible to come up with some bass amp models and bass amp effects models, so that I can load them into my POD HD 500.  Why develop a separate pedal - the hardware exists, so just design the software that fits it.

Line 6 is leaving a good portion of the market wide open for another company. I liked the sounds I heard with the old bass pod pro, "really... what was wrong with it? and why was it discontinued?" but if Line 6 wont release an updated version the Boss GT-10B is the next logical solution, and perhaps it should have been the first choice, but I like my nobs in the rack. We can either wait patiently or buy what's available NOW. I'm leaning toward buying what's available now after these posts have gone unananswered for so long. Would I prefer a line 6 product, sure.. will I buy a line 6 product after I buy the Boss product.. NO WAY! money doesn't grow on trees. It's a one shot deal. The L6 bass pod pro are going on eBay for around $168 each used right now. Typically I don't like to take used gear on stage though. Is it possible to install bass expansion packs from line 6 into the new HD models like I did when I was using guitar port?

Remember, a bassman was once ment for..bassmen.

so that makes two...

Yeah, I know the Bassman was a bass amp originally, and its sounds are ok, and the other amp in there that sounds decent for a bass is the BF Double Vibe Pre.  There's one other I've found in there so far, but the sounds between them all are not as distinct as modern bass amps, such as the SWRs, Trace's, GKs, Aguilars, and Ampegs are from one another.  Another cool one to have would be to have Marcus Miller's SWR pre-amp.

Is it possible to install bass expansion packs from line 6 into the new HD models like I did when I was using guitar port?

Denny,

I'm new to the Line6, but when I've looked through their software from their own old bass pods, it does not appear to be possible to download those into the HD500.  However, if someone else on here knows if there is a way - let me know P L E A S E!

No.

Denny,

I'm new to the Line6, but when I've looked through their software from their own old bass pods, it does not appear to be possible to download those into the HD500.  However, if someone else on here knows if there is a way - let me know P L E A S E!

Is it possible to install bass expansion packs from line 6 into the new HD models like I did when I was using guitar port?

• Upvote 1

No.

Hi RealZap, and thanks for affirming that it's not possible to load the bass pod's sounds onto the HD POD 500--as I suspected.  I'm not sure how the ratings systems work in here, but I punched the "green up" arrow on your response.  I didn't hit "solved" b/c although you solved my question, the issues of whether Line6 intends to issue a new bass pod, or the solution which I would prefer--make it possible to get bass amps, speaker cabs, bi-amp-ability, etc, sounds onto the HD Pod 500, the overall issue is "unsolved."  So, no offense meant in not choosing "solved."   B)

You know I never thought about the POD HD500 for bass and I am a bassist. I thought it was a bonus to have one model in there!LOLOL
Just never thought of it. I got my old Fender 400watt. with FX loop.
But reading this thread and others I have come to realize that I am still in the past as far as bass tones go and there are alot more bass amps and cabinets around now that are highly sort for their individual tones so I would be over the moon if Line 6 did give us some of these as a bonus but alas I have read here once that Line 6 do not frequent their forums and the feedback is an archive.

What we need to do is use snail mail as it is about all that is likely to be read.
Lets do it.
If we each write a polite letter validating Line 6 for what we love about the HD and what we'd like to see in a future update we might be pleasantly surprised.
whatcha reckon

bjnette,

Hello and good evening. In one of the bands I play in we had a guitarist who used a lima bean guitar pod. Two weeks into use the thing stopped working right in the middle of a gig. Boom - done!

He tried to get Line 6 to lead him in a direction to get it fixed. Line 6 had him send it in for repairs. He told me what he got sent back to him was not his pod, and was scratched up really bad. He knew it wasn't his pod because he had put finger nail polish on it to mark a few things, and the numbers on the pod didn't match the numbers he wrote down on his card. He has since started using a big peddle board of mix and matched effects. The guitarist in another band is currently using the HD board. He really likes it, but has told me if it ever stops working he's not going to bother trying to send it in for repairs, and will probably be the last line 6 item he buys. In contrast a guitarist in another band that I do not play in has an older pod pro in his rack and he absolutely loves it, and has two of them. His rack goes like this top to bottom. Furman power conditioner - Line 6 -90 wireless -  Korg DTR -1000 - Line 6 pod pro - Line 6 pod pro - power amp - power amp. I don't understand why they discontinued making the bass guitar processors, but eh.. there's always the Boss B-10 pedal board  :(

Line 6 has kind of bailed on the Bass player due to lack of sales. I think Bass players are a lot more finicky than guitar players and to think a BOX (the pod) would produce a suitable bass tone would be ridiculous to many and didn't sell well. There was also the Bass Variax which sold even less.  Because of that Line 6 offered (in order to unload inventory) a Variax bass AND a Bass XT pod for $800. Where the Bass was normally about $1,200 and the Bass XT pod $500. I took them up on that offer and the offer told me that they were unloading everything bass focused. What they did do is put ALL the XT bass models into the X3 and provided a Bass pack for the XT. That way they provide for the few bass players that were interested without wasting inventory on a separate product. I said they've kind of bailed on the Bass player because I believe that's what's going to happen with the HD. But I guess the guitar player comes first.

Well I just picked up another Bass Pod XT and quite honestly I think it's a good product. I think a product only sells as well as you push it. When I go to a music store where line6 is sold I NEVER get shown anything Line 6 has made for BASS, but the sales folks are always eager to show me a Line 6 guitar amp. Line 6 might sell more bass guitar items if they emphasize the need for their authorized dealers to actually "SELL" them!  I mean I realize that salesmen like to think that guitar players are the hot dog market, but look at the markup comparisson between beass guitar gear and guitar. In order for my bass to be heard over a Line 6 Bogner (2) 12" combo I upgraded from a 200 watt bass rig to a 700 watt bass rig with (4) 10's and a 15. Now I can blow the little bogner amp out the door if I wanted to, but I like how now I / we can get a good blend without one of us over powering the other on the stage sound. It's a good thing house sound is controlled by the soung man!  Anyway, I paid a lot more for my bass gear than I did higher quality line 6 guitar gear. There is better mark up in bass equipment from my observation. I think Line 6 would do well to offer something to the bass player market. I would love to see a rebirth of the guitar port online feature where tabulature for not just guitar, but bass guitar as well were put out there. I'd pay a little extra for that honestly. Who wouldn't?  I mean who hasn't sat down and tried to figure out a songs bass line note for note, only to find that one or two note difference burning your ears until you finally figure it out? It happens to a lot of folks, whether they're honest enough musicians to admit it... that is another story.

Seems like you might be right about we bassists are not viable for Line 6. 

As, when you think about it, the bass frequency modulates enough without FX.

And , the few FX that do work for bass are affordable as hardware units anyway.

Not like guitarists who can get effect their sound to thicken it up with more FX in a chain without going too wild with modulation.

The guitar adds color to the fundamental rhythm section.

So I think that I am not so interested in Amp models, even though to have more would be great.

I just feel there are some FX in the Hd's that sound good for bass so there is no great being left out.

And you get a foot controller and switches!

Not bad!

A bass wah?

Well I just picked up another Bass Pod XT and quite honestly I think it's a good product. I think a product only sells as well as you push it. When I go to a music store where line6 is sold I NEVER get shown anything Line 6 has made for BASS, but the sales folks are always eager to show me a Line 6 guitar amp. Line 6 might sell more bass guitar items if they emphasize the need for their authorized dealers to actually "SELL" them!........

I love my Bass XT and especially how it sounds direct for recording. I never understood why it didn't sell. And I really like my Variax bass as well. I could only attribute the lack of sales to a finicky bass population. And I don't mean that in a bad way. It must take a bit of experimentation (and some $$$) to get a good bass tone, especially one that can be heard (a point you brought up) and after all that work, spend your hard earned money on a Bass Box that I've heard little to nothing about? I completely understand why that could happen.

I've never had a music store salesman direct me to Line 6 let alone to anything "bass" Line 6. Currently there are only two things bass specific at line 6 right now anyway. An amp and a cab. Both of which I've never seen at a music store. So it's not that you're not being shown anything Line 6 has made for bass. It's that there's nothing for them to show. Now anyway. I only found out about the amp and cab when I just now went to the Line 6 website to see if there WAS anything bass related anymore from Line 6. Until then I had NEVER heard about the Line 6 bass amp and cab from anywhere. This includes anything from Line 6. And I've been a Line 6 boy for awhile. The amp is even listed as unavailable at Musicians Friend and Sweetwater. So essentially there's nothing bass wise to show you from Line 6. I think, for awhile anyway, "bass" will be something added onto guitar based products but won't have anything specific.

I'd like a sweepable frequency crossover where I can assign right side processing to frequencies above 500hz-2khz.

Less about stereo and more along the lines of Bi Amping

I might be able to do this with an EQ in a Split path.