Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ultra Low Tones From Jtv 69? Or Something Else?

I have a strange but true story:

I plugged the 1/4 TS patch cable into my JTV69 and my Behringer KFX3000 keyboard amp via a Behringer XENYX 802 mixer (no fx).

While testing out various guitar models - I began to notice a low frequency buzz on the Behringer amp's 15" speaker - I was playing with only moderate attack - guitar volume knob was 100%.  I tried to make it go away by adjusting the EQ on the mixer and everything else I could think of but no luck.  Certain models seemed to overwhelm the strudy KFX30000.   I unplugged the guitar and tested again with the electric piano - playing on the lower registers and the amp held up with no sign of buzzing...

I think this is a function of the DSP in the JTV69.  Has anyone come across this and do you have and explanation for it?

Thanks

I have a strange but true story:

I plugged the 1/4 TS patch cable into my JTV69 and my Behringer KFX3000 keyboard amp via a Behringer XENYX 802 mixer (no fx).

While testing out various guitar models - I began to notice a low frequency buzz on the Behringer amp's 15" speaker - I was playing with only moderate attack - guitar volume knob was 100%.  I tried to make it go away by adjusting the EQ on the mixer and everything else I could think of but no luck.  Certain models seemed to overwhelm the strudy KFX30000.   I unplugged the guitar and tested again with the electric piano - playing on the lower registers and the amp held up with no sign of buzzing...

I think this is a function of the DSP in the JTV69.  Has anyone come across this and do you have and explanation for it?

Thanks

Were you playing in standard tuning, or using an alt. tuning? There seems to be no end to the weirdness that some of the alt tunings can produce under the right circumstances...phase of the moon, tides, "bad-set-ups", etc.