Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Reset on patch change with HD500x................

cubbini

Let's say I set up a patch with an echo as an effect, but toggled off, then save the patch to the unit.  Then, during use, I toggle the echo on.

Then I select a different patch........... then I go back to the previous patch, and the damn echo is still on......

How can I get patches returned to saved state when re-selected?  This is VERY annoying....

Thanks...

On 1/19/2023 at 1:31 AM, cubbini said:

Let's say I set up a patch with an echo as an effect, but toggled off, then save the patch to the unit.  Then, during use, I toggle the echo on.

Then I select a different patch........... then I go back to the previous patch, and the damn echo is still on......

How can I get patches returned to saved state when re-selected?  This is VERY annoying....

Thanks...

What you described only happens when POD is connected to the computer with the editor open and it happens because the editor keeps track of all the changes that take place in all the patches loaded into the program, (even just turning an effect off or on is a change), so when you select a patch in the editor it recalls it in the state it was left in when it was last used during the current session.

The advantage deriving from this behavior of the editor is to be able to edit several patches and then save them all together with a single command.

POD behaves differently when disconnected from the editor, and does not keep track of any changes made to patches already used when selecting the next ones, in this case the only way to make the changes permanent is to manually save (directly on the device) each patch before selecting the next one..

So when POD is disconnected from the editor when a patch is selected it is always recalled exactly the way it was saved.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• Upvote 2