Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dt25 Firmware 2.0, Any Questions

cdip72

Hi all,

I upgraded my DT25 to new firmware but I don't know how to change preamp model e reverb model without POD. Is there an editor for DT amps ?

For example, how can I set, on channel A-II, Hiway preamp and Hall reverb ?

thanks

My favorite part of the new firmware is choosing the reverb I want and assigning it to the amp to free up the fx slot and DSP from the Pod.

However, as I understand it, the new firmware is useless when used with the POD HD, because all the preamp models are already in the POD. Is that right ?

• Upvote 2

Is there any reason I would want to consider NOT doing the V 2.0 update?  I don't use a Pod HD, and like to keep things fairly simple. Are the additional tone options that dramatically different/enhanced compared to the existing options?  I already have a HOF reverb pedal, so I'm not that concerned about those enhancements. Thanks

if you dont use a pd, then there's WAY more reason to do the update.... becomes a complete amp factory... you can customize all the topologies and other amp setting to anything the pod offers.... as well as make combinations of amps not possible on the pod.

After I upgraded to 2.0, the first default sound (ch A/I) has a very low volume. Very strangely, volume increases when I set "low volume mode" to on.

I hope it doesn't be a tubes problem. Now I'll try to downgrade firmware

that may be normal. i can't recall... i haven't had the stock models loaded for quite some time.

but in low volume mode you are adding back the power amp modeling....

in regular mode, you might need to turn up the master or channel volume depending on the model.

if you ignore the difference between low volume and regular mode, can you dial in an amp worthy volume?

with master and amp's volume at max, volume is however low ... i can play in my home

p.s.

The problem is only for Blackface. If I choose Tweed, the volume is higher, perhaps because boost is set to on

However, it's lower than firmware 1.0

post-1658467-0-54389800-1395866454_thumb.png

There was another thread about this a while ago. It was concluded that that's the way the models are. I am at work and don't have time to search, but it was a fairly recent thread in here.

In fact, this is the answer of Line6 Support:

"Hey Carmine,

That's a Fender model on NFL 1....That's actually normal as a Twin or Deluxe has no gain control...just one volume...dime the channel volume and use the drive for volume when using NFL 1...tonestack completely changes between amp models I hope this help."

Maybe, the only way is increase volume using drive.

My favorite part of the new firmware is choosing the reverb I want and assigning it to the amp to free up the fx slot and DSP from the Pod.

How do you do it ? You must connect POD in send/return of the DT25 and disable the preamp of POD ? In this case, the switch on POD is set to "amp" instead of "line" ?

I hope my English is understandable ..

In fact, this is the answer of Line6 Support:

"Hey Carmine,

That's a Fender model on NFL 1....That's actually normal as a Twin or Deluxe has no gain control...just one volume...dime the channel volume and use the drive for volume when using NFL 1...tonestack completely changes between amp models I hope this help."

Maybe, the only way is increase volume using drive.

How do you do it ? You must connect POD in send/return of the DT25 and disable the preamp of POD ? In this case, the switch on POD is set to "amp" instead of "line" ?

I hope my English is understandable ..

To use the amp reverb, just select the reverb model you want by using the DT edit program for channel A, then turn the reverb knob up on the amp until you get the amount you want.

if you dont use a pd, then there's WAY more reason to do the update.... becomes a complete amp factory... you can customize all the topologies and other amp setting to anything the pod offers.... as well as make combinations of amps not possible on the pod.

So then I would need to use a laptop to control/modify the settings? If yes, then how to the controls on the amp work?

once you make your choices they are sticky... then you just use it like a regular amp...

So then I would need to use a laptop to control/modify the settings? If yes, then how to the controls on the amp work?

• 6 years later...
8 minutes ago, mariuszmm said:

I really don't like blackface sound after upgrade to 2.0, does anyone have the 1.0 firmware file for DT25 HD ? - please :)

The modeling didn't really change at all with the update. It could be a setting that changed, I suppose.

• 5 months later...