Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X Expression Pedal

biscuits62

On 1/24/2023 at 1:54 AM, biscuits62 said:

Wondering: Can the Expression pedal connected to the Pedal 2 input be passive or does it have to be active?

The expression pedal is not like a volume pedal which in certain models could also be active (ie acting also as a clean preamp/booster), it works differently, it only serves to control the values of a parameter of an assigned effect and does so in a range that goes from a minimum to a maximum that the user can adjust, it never works directly on the audio signal as a volume pedal would.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

Thank you vey much for your reply. I think I phrased my question improperly.  I understand that is does not directly process the signal. A pedal 2 input jack is not an effects send and return, I am clear on that. What I am unclear on is whether the pedal attached to the PD HD500X needs to be active (powered), or if a passive (umpowered) pedal will suffice to modulate the signal.

Can I use a passive (No power requires) pedal such as a  M-Audio EX-P Universal Expression Controller Pedal

or

Do I need an active (Power required) pedal such as a Effect Pedal Electro-Harmonix Single Expression

Thank you for your patience with my newbieness.

On 1/25/2023 at 9:47 AM, biscuits62 said:

Can I use a passive (No power requires) pedal such as a  M-Audio EX-P Universal Expression Controller Pedal

You can use a standard not powered expression pedal

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips