Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Popping and banging when changing effects (only when Kinky Boost is beforehand in chain) (and other glitches inc. poly sustain) in 3.50 firmware update

dommykento

Please help!

Popping and banging when changing effects.

Other glitches include: Poly sustain freaking out and sustaining previous chords, also a random global settings change where tapping up and down on bank mode just went through each bank individually rather than up/down a page. 

None of this happened before in previous software, also I re-installed previous firmware and it all worked normally. 

Have reset to factory multiple times (with and without using my old back ups) and updated using both Line 6 updater and HX Edit

Update: after loads of updates and exploration i've found that it may just be when the Kinky Boost is selected, the reverbs bang when you scroll through them. Does anyone else have this issue? 

Edited by dommykento
new discovery

POPPING AND BANGING???

Having no such problems on mine, neither my Floor or HXS.

If you've followed all the update directions, and re-installed previous FW successfully, your unit might be possessed.

But seriously, you've already done everything I'd suggest. Contact support.

Also, your attachment is a .php file. Doesn't translate to PC.

• Upvote 1

On 1/24/2023 at 4:32 PM, dommykento said:

None of this happened before in previous software, also I re-installed previous firmware and it all worked normally.

Hi,

Hmm… not encountered the popping, banging and freaking out things with my Helix floor. It works just fine, but you state that you re-installed the previous firmware and it worked? You failed to advise us what version of the firmware that previous version was, and/or what computer and operating system you’re using. It may help to know such things.

As noted by @rd2rk in the post above, if you followed the instructions for updating to the letter, then it might be time to find an exorcist!

You could give it another shot on re-installing by trying the “disaster recovery” local install instructions listed here.

https://line6.com/support/topic/65019-helixhx-update-doesnt-work-look-here/

Hope this helps/makes sense.

EDIT

Your attachment (.php file) downloads on a Mac as 0 KB - nothing there!

• dommykento changed the title to Popping and banging when changing effects (only when Kinky Boost is beforehand in chain) (and other glitches inc. poly sustain) in 3.50 firmware update

Thanks for your help guys. Previous firmware mentioned was just the 2nd most recent one that Line 6 Updater would allow me to select, 3.12 I think. And Mac OSX. I updated HX edit from 3.50 to 3.51 as well but I don't think this made a difference. 

After messing around with it a load (a load of updates and factory resets etc) it's only happening now when the Kinky Boost is placed in the chain before selecting reverb. Then when you twist the big knob going through the reverb, each selection pops as you scroll. Are you guys getting that? 

I think I might have an issue with the board, as there does seem to be other small glitches and it's just being quite untrustworthy. I noticed that when I was using my Poly-sustain, it keeps changing from Momentary to Latch without me touching the settings, and when I go into the settings, they still show Moment although it's not functioning in that way. Very strange and annoying as I'm using this live.

In the morning I'll try the disaster recovery, thank you for sending that over! Your help is appreciated! 

I've tried to re-upload the video but it might not be working properly. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2023 at 6:35 PM, dommykento said:

only happening now when the Kinky Boost is placed in the chain

It's been a couple years now, but I remember the position of the kinky boost has given me pops (soft pops) in various situations. I've encountered a couple other effect blocks that do that as well but don't remember what they are. 

TBH... I just stopped using the Kinky Boost and use the simple gain block for boosts/cuts. I don't need the "tonal change" of the kinky boost, so I didn't mind losing it.