Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp Tap Tempo Usb Midi

Barczabass

I set up some basic controller functions with usb midi. I use MidiPad app on iPhone via USB/Lighting adapter.

This setup works, but  I have only one question.

If I setup the 3rd footswitch on HX Stomp to bypass a block in stomp mode, I cannot use midi controller to tap tempo?

I set up control value to 64, what indicated by manual, but the tap tempo doesn't works....

On the video the 3rd FS used for tap tempo/tuner, and this case seems, the midi controller works for controlling the tap tempo, but I like to use 3rd FS for a block....

On 1/24/2023 at 9:57 PM, PierM said:

Be sure you are using 64/127 (not 0/127) as Min and Max values for the CC#64.

Over here is working, and my FS3 is used for stomp bypass.

Now I'm abroad, not access to the HX...

I try when I home again!

Do you use MidiPad app or other midi solution?

On 1/29/2023 at 8:53 PM, Barczabass said:

Do you use MidiPad app or other midi solution?

Neither, but I have many hardware controllers and two ipads, all setup to control the HX, and the Tap via MIDI works with all of them, no matter the MIDI app. As soon as you send the correct CCs it should work.

Also wouldn't make any sense to drop the TAP function via midi as soon as you assign FS3 to something else than TAP, since the MIDI and the EXP, are there as alternative to the hardware FS3. ;)

On 1/30/2023 at 8:22 AM, PierM said:

Neither, but I have many hardware controllers and two ipads, all setup to control the HX, and the Tap via MIDI works with all of them, no matter the MIDI app. As soon as you send the correct CCs it should work.

Also wouldn't make any sense to drop the TAP function via midi as soon as you assign FS3 to something else than TAP, since the MIDI and the EXP, are there as alternative to the hardware FS3. ;)

Thank You I will try! I Just like to setup this function:

IMG_1755.PNG

On 1/30/2023 at 9:22 AM, PierM said:

No success here unfortunately….

Maybe need something to setup in the HX Stomp? 

DED5886F-30DD-4F04-AE7B-F10C382C66A6.jpeg

On 2/2/2023 at 8:29 PM, PierM said:

No idea at this point sorry. For me works fine, whatever app or controller I use.

This is from midi designer pro:

Ca

How did you setup, the midi in the general settings in HX Stomp, Do you use usb or midi input in the HX Stomp?

On 2/2/2023 at 11:51 PM, Barczabass said:

How did you setup, the midi in the general settings in HX Stomp, Do you use usb or midi input in the HX Stomp?

Doesnt really matter.

I use MIDI over DIN and/or MIDI over USB, depending on the setup. It works either way.

On 2/3/2023 at 9:43 AM, PierM said:

Doesnt really matter.

I use MIDI over DIN and/or MIDI over USB, depending on the setup. It works either way.

My global settings/Midi looks this way:

Is it good?

Midi mase chanel - 1

Midi thru - on

Rx midi clock - auto

Tx midi clock - midi+usb

Tempo select - global

bpm - 120

Usb midi - on

Midi pc Rx - midi+usb

Midi pc Tx - midi+usb

Snapshot cc send - off

Footswithes global settings

Stomp select - Touch

Fs 3 function - Stomp 3

Fs 4 function - Preset up

Fs 5 function - Preset Dn

On 2/3/2023 at 2:49 PM, Barczabass said:

My global settings/Midi looks this way:

Is it good?

Midi mase chanel - 1

Midi thru - on

Rx midi clock - auto

Tx midi clock - midi+usb

Tempo select - global

bpm - 120

Usb midi - on

Midi pc Rx - midi+usb

Midi pc Tx - midi+usb

Snapshot cc send - off

Footswithes global settings

Stomp select - Touch

Fs 3 function - Stomp 3

Fs 4 function - Preset up

Fs 5 function - Preset Dn

Your settings are fine. Just turn MIDI THRU off unless you need to resend incoming MIDI to the output. It can engage MIDI loops and data hanging, so use it only if required by your setup.

In a setup with just two MIDI device (like via MIDI USB, or connecting both IN and OUT between two device) it must be set to off, otherwise what you send to helix will be bounced back to the sender and fired back to helix in an infinite loop (data hang).